Req Id: 273613
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell Residential and Small Business provides the most innovative, industry-leading Internet, TV and Smart Home products and services to Canadians. Whether we’re tackling a new challenge, implementing a big idea, or selling an innovative, new feature our team puts in the effort to be Canada’s #1 communications company.
The BRS Business Intelligence team collaborates with partners across the organization and provides strategic guidance supported with data. We work with the latest and greatest BI technologies like Teradata, SAS, MicroStrategy and Hadoop. We enable better results through an integrated market view of customers and competition.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence, the Data Analyst will be responsible for the management and optimization of consolidated Subscribers and revenue reporting and self serve supporting BRS teams.
In an ever-changing and dynamic environment, the candidate should be flexible, have strong time management skills and be capable of balancing many projects simultaneously with short deadlines for completion. The Data Analyst will work in a cross-functional team environment.
The Data Analyst will ensure consistency of definitions and business rules and materially improve our Subscribers and Revenue reports and self serve based on business requirements. They will execute the following tasks:
- Communicate with Business stakeholders to gather and assess requirements.
- Propose, design and implement suitable solutions to answer Business needs.
- Ensure the validity and integrity of data and processes
- Respond in a timely manner to ad-hoc requests from team members from the Bell Residential Services, Mobility and across Bell.
- Participate in the overall project life cycle. Work with other Developers and Business Analysts to ensure timely and successful project completion.
- Investigate data/process anomalies; propose and implement solutions.
- Take ownership and accountability for deliverables, communicate proactively and escalate when required.
- Act as a subject matter expert for subscriber metrics, reports and support with a deep understanding of tools capabilities and technology infrastructure.
Competencies / Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other Bachelor’s Degree equivalent from a recognized educational institution
- Solid experience with SAS
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Oracle, Unix, NCR-Teradata.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with EDW environment.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications business is an asset.
- Demonstrable history of cross-team collaboration.
- Extremely rigorous with regards to the data and information provided.
- Ability to work on their own, with a minimum of supervision within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- Well organized.
- Customer driven.
- Ability to present, engage and persuade business users.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : British Columbia : Victoria || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John’s || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Prince Edward Island : Charlottetown || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 01/22/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected]
Created: Canada, QC, Montréal-Nord
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.