7shifts Employee Scheduling Software Inc.
7shifts is a cloud-based labor management platform designed for the restaurant industry. We help restaurateurs – from independent establishments to large franchises – by making it easy for them to properly schedule their staff, streamline team communications, and reduce labour costs. Since our founding in 2014, we have scaled rapidly to become the leading labor management solution for restaurants.
Trusted by 350,000+ restaurant pros around the world, and hundreds more joining every month, we are looking for a Data Analyst to join our team and our mission to simplify labor management and improve performance for restaurants everywhere. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of transforming an entire industry, and play a critical role in driving our continued success.
As a Data Analyst, you are quality-driven and a team player. You will bridge the gap between the data team and your domain-specific cross-functional team, taking ownership over the data generated by and delivered to your product domain.
- Taking ownership of data analysis activities and working closely with stakeholders to translate requirements into data-driven applications, deliverables, and visualizations (e.g. reporting, dashboards, ad-hoc analysis)
- Responsible for the execution (transformation, analysis, and visualization) of data analysis activities
- Responsible for uncovering gaps in data and working with stakeholders to improve data collection
- Responsible for working with our Data Developers to continuously improve our ETL pipeline
You should have:
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Solid understanding of statistical modelling including Bayesian approaches
- Quantitative background with strong analytical skill set
- Strong communication skills and the ability to simplify complex problems
- A solutions-driven mentality and a drive for accuracy
It’d be cooler if you had :
- Experience with Tableau and Metabase
- B2B and/or SaaS experience
- Advanced knowledge of Python, R, or Julia (Python preferred)
- Experience with analytics databases (BigQuery preferred)
- Ability to build, maintain and improve upon ETL’s and other means of data transfer
- Offices located in Saskatoon and Toronto for those who want to work in-person with their team
- Remote friendly workplace for those who want to work from home
- Stock options (equity) in a VC-backed startup
- Competitive health benefits
- Continuous learning benefit
- Generous & flexible vacation
- A culture that values authenticity, trust, curiosity, and diversity of thought
- Apple equipment
We thank you for your interest in joining the 7shifts team! While we welcome all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for This Job