Description & Requirements
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC, lululemon athletica creates components for people to live long, healthy and fun lives.
A day in the life of the Data Analyst
The Data Analyst is an exceptional analytical thinker who is passionate about identifying product assortment insights and sales trends using analytics.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring accuracy of product data, monitoring product performance and guest feedback, building analytical models to isolate driving factors, and communicating findings to business partners to inform product strategy.
Working in teams of diverse skillsets and backgrounds, the Data Analyst works on projects tackling the most difficult problems facing our Product functions.
- Monitor key product performance indicators using transactional, product, and guest data
- Build and maintain analytical models to identify opportunities in product and assortment strategy
- Challenge assumptions and ways of working
- Collaborate with business partners to implement change to business processes and workflows
- Identify opportunities for data process automation within Product functions; develop and implement automated workflows
The Finer Print
- Bachelor’s degree in a rigorous quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics, physics, etc.
- 2-3 years of work experience in data analytics, preferably in the retail or apparel industries
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, including demonstrated creativity in problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency with data modeling in MS Excel and MS Power Query
- Experienced with data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Base proficiency in SQL, database management, and database structures
- Base experience with systems integrations and the software development lifecycle
Our Must Haves
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, and approachable
- Team player and personable