MUFG Union Bank
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. As the 5th largest bank in the world, our diverse team is connected by a common ambition to create change for the better-from forging more dynamic career paths to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,700 locations in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG aims to “be the world’s most trusted financial group” through close collaboration among our operating companies and flexibly responding to all of the financial needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world. MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York stock exchanges. For more information, visit https://www.mufg.jp/english
Credit Risk Analyst – Global Portfolio Analytics
- Help advance leading risk management practices from within the Credit Strategies Group (CSG)/Global Portfolio Analytics team
- Maintain and enhance quantitative model processes that forecast credit risk and generate mission-critical reports for senior management and the Head Office
- Present portfolio analytics results to management via specialty reports and in-person meetings.
- Perform the above in collaboration with other team members in the organization
- Maintain and enhance CSG’s Credit Risk modeling capabilities, supporting: (i) Managerial stress testing, (ii) Simulations of tail loss, and (iii) Risk-return analyses.
- Assist in maintaining risk management infrastructure and processes, including: (i) Quantitative model processes, (ii) Production code, (iii) Documentation, and (iv) Data inventories.
- Develop solutions to analytical, implementation, and/or execution problems.
- Maintain and improve periodic risk reports/presentations on the following: (i) Key risk levels, (ii) Trends, (iii) Strategies, and (iv) Potential issues
- Entry-level role, up to 1 year relative experience
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills, including an investigative mindset and ability to ask good qualitative questions.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Passion for learning new skills, quantitative models, financial knowledge, and software technologies.
- Self-starter with ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong work accuracy and personal reliability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with the broader team in different locations and time zones.
- Experience with one or more of the following is preferred: R, Python, MATLAB, C++, SAS, SQL, Tableau
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or otherquantitative field (or foreign degree equivalent).
Notice: The above information on this job description has been described to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents. Other duties and responsibilities not specifically described may be assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent.
Chartered in 1981 and assuming its current identity as MUFG Canada Branch, our Canadian Branch is the premier Asia-based global bank in its market. We serve local and Japanese clients from the Atlantic to the Pacific with financial expertise across a number of key industries such as oil and gas, pipelines, power generation, automotive, transportation, and telecom. The receipt of this application by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch (“MUFG Canada Branch”), does not imply or guarantee employment. MUFG Canada Branch is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other aspect of employment on the basis of the grounds enumerated in the Canadian human rights act. In addition, MUFG Canada Branch complies with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. MUFG Canada Branch provides accommodation to individuals in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Canadian human rights act and the Canada Labour Code.
©2020 Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. All rights reserved. The MUFG logo and name is a service mark of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., and is used by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch, with permission.
- Pay TypeSalary