Infotree’s approach to every employee and customer is based around making a positive impact. We focus on over-servicing, continuous improvement and a high-quality culture. We’re passionate about making successful matches for our employees and customers across the globe. Infotree prides itself in our proven track record and innovative culture with 100% focus on the employees and customers.
Job Title: Credit Derivatives P&L Analyst
Location: Montreal, Canada
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
The Credit & Rates P&L Team provides a robust and dedicated support to the PCM & G10 Rates Global Business Lines. The position is as a Montreal based Product Controller / P&L Analyst supporting the PCM and G10 Rates activity traded out of New York. The selected candidate will report to the local P&L Team Supervisor.
The role will encompass daily P&L responsibilities and the successful candidate will need to fully understand and explain the key P&L drivers. The individual will be required to establish effective working relationships with both Front Office and other areas of support. (E.g. Trade Support, VR&C, Market Risk, Finance & IT) – allowing for an integrated and proactive approach to the business’ requirements, understanding the lifecycles of the products traded and the systems and reporting mechanisms required to enable full control and accurate and appropriate information to be supplied. The Individual will join a “split team” organization with team members located in both Montreal and New York City, under a functional management located in New York.
P&L Controller (ANL) Responsibilities:
• Reconcile daily FO P&L to the Official P&L
• Produce daily MO forecast and reconcile to the trader’s forecast after the close (specific to G10 Rates activity)
• Analyze, understand, and attribute daily P&L, e.g. Greeks, new trades / amends
• Explain and comment on economic P&L using P&L Explain Tools
• Produce a Step Reval Explain and Risk based P&L Explain on a daily basis
• Engage trade support and Front Office to resolve operational and booking issues
• Work with Front Office, Finance, and Market Risk to finalize month end P&L
• Discuss and review trading P&Ls with management
• Ensure all appropriate controls and processes are executed and well documented
• Substantiate and resolve Back office inquiries, ledger vs. P&L systems
• Contribute to ongoing process and control improvements / efficiencies
Support for Front Office and Other Internal Stakeholders
• Liaise with trading floor personnel and ensure a satisfactory resolution of all FO inquiries
• Interact with Operations functions and other infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach’
• Strive to meet or surpass the service level agreement
• Manage deadlines and objectives
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
• 1-5 years of previous experience in P&L Control, Financial Control, or a Middle Office environment
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work as part of a team in a “split team” organization
• Strong Excel & PC skills with proven ability to work with multiple systems
• Spirit of continuous improvement
• Display good relationship qualities, team spirit, and ability to work across teams
• Graduate degree in Finance, Math or Engineering or other quantitative disciplines
• Fluency in financial markets with an emphasis on Fixed Income
• Solid understanding of the following products: CDS, CDX,IRS, FRAs, Caps/Floors, Swaptions, Treasuries, Corporate Bonds, Repos, and Futures
• Knowledgeable of the Greeks
• Working knowledge of Programming languages such as VBA, SQL & Python
• Experience in pricing, valuation or hedging of derivatives
If interested, you can share the most recent resume on [email protected] or call at 248 781-3020 for quick response.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.