Bank of Montreal
100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Audit, Risk & Compliance
As a co-op/intern student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will be part of our campus program to gain the skills and knowledge needed to take on roles similar to the description listed below.
Our student experience is designed to integrate you to the BMO team from day one by adding value in the work you do. You will have the opportunity to participate in programs such as the Women in Technology Mentorship Program, BMO First Friend peer assignment, BMO Social Squad student-led activities, BMO U corporate learning platform and access to various Employee Resource Groups to further develop your network within BMO.
Note: To apply for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and an unofficial copy of your academic transcript. By applying for this general posting, you will be considered for a number of different student opportunities across multiple locations. If you are selected to move forward, you will be provided additional information.
Provides independent, objective review and adjudication of credit applications and transactions for an assigned portfolio within credit limits or makes credit recommendations and escalates as required. Ensures the credit quality of the assigned portfolios are maintained within the Bank’s risk tolerance, policies & procedures, and meet financing guidelines. Supports credit adjudication operations and initiatives. Provides training and support to teams and channels where the applications and transactions originate.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Reviews and communicates decisions on credit transactions with rationale that can be understood and explained to customers.
- Identifies and advises on terms, conditions and collateral requirements for the transaction decision as well as opportunities for cross-selling and/or alternative solutions to meet client’s needs.
- Keeps abreast of economic and market developments within the portfolio to inform decision making and credit risk policies.
- Provides approval for exceptions according to established policy and standards.
- Monitors the credit portfolio through transaction review & approval to ensure compliance with the Bank’s lending policies and procedures.
- Provides credit risk coaching and advice to sales & service employees to increase awareness of risk, policy, and knowledge of structuring transactions.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- As a full-time employee, we would require 3-5 years of experience, however as part of the BMO campus program, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- Credit Qualifications and associated credit knowledge and skills according to the established qualification standards.
- In-depth knowledge of banking products & services.
- In-depth knowledge of industry trends and regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of credit portfolio management policies & procedures, and financing guidelines.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at www.jobs.bmo.ca/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.