340 Albert St
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
Facilitates decisioning and analysis of all types of credit information to support lending decisions and processes for the bank. Maintains and promotes a client service environment to satisfy and exceed customer needs and expectations. This role will help make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
- Provides accurate financial analysis and risk assessment of new and existing customers.
- Partners with internal stakeholders for accurate, detailed client information.
- Develops credit information to make lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans.
- Maintains and promotes a customer service environment which meets and exceeds customer needs and expectations.
- Recommends credit according to sound credit-granting principles.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluates clients’ ability to repay loans and consults on loan structure and collateral.
- Identifies trends in client activities which may be predictive of deteriorating credit quality.
- Performs periodic reviews of credit where more frequent monitoring may be appropriate.
- Monitors covenants of clients within assigned portfolio to identify deteriorating credit conditions and compliance with loan agreement.
- Prepares summary, present facts and offer opinions concerning credit worthiness.
- Minimizes BMO’s risk exposure by adhering to internal credit policies and procedures with respect to lending decisions.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 – 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.