Costing & Financial Analyst
Septodont is a leading manufacturer of dental pharmaceuticals and medical devices. The French-based company employs over 1,800 people globally. We have six manufacturing plants in France, India, North and South America, and an international distribution network that is dedicated to serving the needs of dental professionals in more than 150 countries. Our North American operations has facilities in Ontario, Montreal, and Pennsylvania. It also has Latin American operations with facilities in Brazil and Colombia.
The company has an opening at its sterile injectable manufacturing facility in Cambridge, Ontario for a Costing & Financial Analyst
The Costing & Financial Analyst is accountable to the Director of Accounting, North America, for all activities relating to cost accounting and financial analysis projects. This individual is involved with various levels of the organization, providing recommendations for continuous improvements, ensuring consistent application and compliance on the processes, systems and reporting that impacts finance. Duties include working with multiple currencies, companies and operating locations within North America and Europe.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks, reconciles and analyzes financial information, posts journal entries and assists in the timely preparation of monthly financial statements and corresponding monthly reporting and account reconciliations, ensuring financial standards and policies are being followed and financial records comply with IFRS and various regulatory requirements.
- Performs a variety of cost accounting activities in a timely manner including: Analyze actual production and product costs versus standard costs
- Assists with preparation of Manufacturing P&L and cost per box calculation
- Prepares monthly production variance reports
- Examines costs that seem contrary to past experience
- Prepares statistical reports for the comparison of costs and determining profitability by product
- Updates and maintain standard costing file used to calculate the product standards.
- Updates ERP software for changes in the product standards on an annual basis and as needed for new products.
- Completes corporate working paper reconciliations for external auditors, including providing assistance in their understanding of the companies costing system and inventory valuation.
- Assists with inventory management and inventory cycle counts.
- Works with other departments including Production, Engineering and Project Managers to prepare costing estimates for new products or proposed changes in product costs or manufacturing processes.
- Provides technical ERP and costing advice to assist in developing reports including acting as the team leader on the initiatives to ensure timely research, development and co-ordination of data from the various departments.
- Prepares cost accounting analysis for products in research and development and forecast projected costs once under commercial production.
- Assists in developing reports including Business Intelligence (BI) and corporate performance management (CPM) reporting.
- Assists with fixed asset cost tracking and perform CAR payback calculation and reviews.
- Performs various monthly financial reports, analyses, and other complex accounting activities for various entities within North America, in accordance with accounting principles, IFRS, ERP and standards that control the organizations financial resources to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws and reporting systems.
- Assists in financial projects as assigned by the Director of Accounting, North America. Projects may include but not limited to updating accounting policies to procedures to comply with the latest IFRS standards and/or writing memos to illustrate compliance with IFRS standards.
- Manages the collection of data, analyze and prepare reports using costing analysis for economic improvements, cost control, profit determination and business development.
- Performs other related duties and or special projects as required in the finance department.
- College or University degree in areas such as Accounting, Business Administration and Finance
- Has or is in the process of completing a recognized Accounting Designation
- Minimum 5 years of significant work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient understanding of the inventory and product costing processes and related reporting.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to coordinate and meet project timeliness.
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to evaluate, to troubleshoot and recommend resolutions.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and meeting financial deadlines and compliance.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with staff, management, external resources and auditors.
- Advanced level MS Office Suite skills, with an emphasis on advanced level Excel. Experience with business ERP
- Systems required; Microsoft AX system and Microsoft Power BI would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work in a demanding environment with proven multi-tasking skills.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, we are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process .
EN – PERMANENT
• Excellent compensation/benefits package.
• Bonus and reward programs
• Discounted gym memberships
• Programs supporting work life balance
• Employee recognition program
• Professional and personal development programs
• Social events and spirit days
Minimum level of education required
Minimum level of experience required
North America, Canada, Cambridge