At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a Cost Analyst at Regional Office based at our Nairn Center location, in Ontario.
Reporting to the Woodlands Operations Controller, you will be you will be a key player in collaborating with woodlands team from Quebec and Ontario. You will be responsible to manage the woodlands management reporting, Month end Accounting, variance analysis, prepare management and regional reports and perform accounting tasks.
- Ensures timely, accurate and effective data information in financial and Management reports related to operational cost.
- Prepare and Maintain Management and Statutory Reports, including Data warehousing and utilise data warehouse to generate different clusters of the report.
- Develop, maintain, and update Standard Operating Procedures related to Woodlands accounting tasks.
- Liaise with other colleagues/staff concerning administrative and operational matters related to Woodlands Accounting.
- Share best practices with other finance team members within the organization on tools, system utilization and processes.
- Inform stakeholders of correct reports, analysis, and procedures, including assisting Managers/Departmental Administrators in the analysis of costs and providing advice and guidance to various staff.
- Providing support to build models for cost Analysis, Operational matrix and constantly search for opportunities for improvement by provide solution to complex Business problems.
- Reconcile and match Balance sheet Balances and analyse balances for accuracy, consistency, and appropriateness.
- Participate actively to the monthly closing including preparation of the required journal entries and accruals, balance sheet accounts analysis, inventory reconciliations, financial reports.
- Assist with payment to Contractors, Vendors with strict timelines. Manage contractor advances and fuel deductions. Analyse and Reconcile pending items in Vendor Advance accounts.
- Analyse Woodlands financial Reports for Ontario and Quebec Operations.
- Produce management reports such as roads funding and crown dues.
- Administer, control, and analyse Road Construction process and reports.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills and decision-making skills.
- Ability to think out of box and deliver innovative solutions to complex business problems.
- Resourcefulness, independence, and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to simplify unstructured information and present it to various stakeholders.
- Flexibility and excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- Have a college degree in finance, accounting, or business.
- Have minimum 4 to 8 years of experience in a similar role.
- CPA designation would be an asset.
- A relevant experience in a manufacturing or construction environment would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel including Advanced reporting tools such as dynamic dashboards and pivot tables.
- Have experience with an ERP system (SAP an asset).
- Mastery of written and oral English; knowledge of French an asset.
- Ability to work with diverse teams located at various geographical locations.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.
Videos To Watch