Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees- 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits.
We are currently seeking a Contracts & Compliance Analyst in our Edmonton, AB office. This permanent full-time position will be responsible for the timely and accurate entry of project and budget data into the accounting system, assisting with monthly financial processes, and working collaboratively with other finance team members to carry out various projects and functions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ensuring new projects and budget changes are entered in Oracle in a timely manner
- Review Contracts/MSA’s/Services Agreements/PO’s to ensure all required approvals are obtained
- Assisting Project Billers on miscellaneous project maintenance (bill rate changes, end date extensions, etc.)
- Assisting with project/cost analysis (including project risk report and quarterly Project Evaluation and Estimate at Completion review)
- Review projects with Work at Risk and follow up with Project Managers/Project Manager Coordinators on status
- Assisting with month end close / reporting
- Processing project closures in a timely manner
- Ensuring validity, integrity, and accuracy of input data
- Participating in, and providing feedback regarding implementation of internal processes and procedures
- Building excellent working relationships with our internal clients and sister companies
- Assisting with other accounting functions, duties, and special projects on an as needed or required basis
- Assisting the Manager, Contracts and Financial Compliance, as required
- Post-secondary certificate in Accounting, or related studies, preferred but not required, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience is required
- Previous Project Accounting experience is a definite asset
- Previous experience with Accounting software is an asset
- Previous experience working in a high-volume environment is required
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Must be able to work within a Team Environment and interact both inside and outside the team
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful
- Excellent logic, verbal, listening and written communication skills are required to interact with internal clients, key vendors and employees
- Strong organizational and time management skills, handling multiple priorities, performing a variety of tasks and meeting required deadlines
- Strong morals, ethics and integrity along with a commitment to privacy and confidentiality
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions.
Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected.
This is a permanent full-time, salaried position. We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, visible minorities, indigenous and persons with disabilities.
No calls or agencies