What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Datacenter Accelerator Hardware Validation Systems Design Engineer (Contract)
The Datacenter Accelerated Computing Validation Team is looking for dynamic and energetic engineers to join our growing team. As a key contributor to the bring-up and validation of AMD’s GPU based compute accelerators, you will work in cross-functional teams (HW, SW, Design) to ensure functionality and quality of SOC designs. These technologies will deliver industry leading products for areas of Machine Learning and High-Performance Computing. The Validation Team fosters continuous technical innovation to showcase successes as well as facilitate continuous career development.
A self-starter with the ability to execute complex test plans independently and collaborate with others to resolve issues found. 3-5 years of relevant experience in testing experience on embedded silicon (SOC) systems. You should feel comfortable to deep dive into designs as well as working at a system/platform level.
As a Domain Engineer, you will work on all aspects of SOC validation from pre-silicon planning and emulation, to post-silicon bring-up, validation, and debug.
- Define and execute end-to-end test plan and validation strategy for a group of SOC IP
- Engage in pre-silicon verification efforts, including system emulation, Design Verification (DV), and other software/hardware modeling frameworks.
- Debug issues found during pre-silicon, bring-up, validation, and production phases of SOC programs
- Lead collaborative test approach with multiple teams, and tracking test execution to make sure all features are validated and optimized on time
- Develop knowledge of system architecture, technical debug, and validation strategy
- Drive technical innovation to enhance validation capabilities: tools and script development, test methodology, collaboration
- Lead supporting teams in design, diagnostics, emulation, firmware, and software to ensure readiness for first silicon arrival, enablement of IP functionality, and debug of critical feature
- Support on customer platforms as requested by customer support teams.
- 2-10 years of experience in embedded SOC industry, digital logic design, or post-silicon validation
- Extensive experience in post-silicon validation
- Strong programming/scripting skills (C/C++, Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Extensive experience in ASIC debug techniques and methodologies
- Extensive experience in board / platform-level debug, including clock/power delivery, sequencing, analysis, and optimization
- Extensive experience in physical and protocol levels of common high-speed interfaces an asset
- Common electronics lab equipment, including protocol/logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Computer hardware and architecture (experience with datacenter servers a plus)
- Strong analytical skills for test creation and debug
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Must excel in a dynamic team working environment
- Must be a self-starter and be able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Leadership and mentoring skills a definite asset
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Markham, Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 83602
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact [email protected] .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.