Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within Cybersecurity and Privacy services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients implement an effective cybersecurity programme that protects against threats, propels transformation, and drives growth. As companies pivot toward a digital business model, exponentially more data is generated and shared among organisations, partners and customers. We play an integral role in helping our clients ensure they are protected by developing transformation strategies focused on security, efficiently integrate and manage new or existing technology systems to deliver continuous operational improvements and increase their cybersecurity investment, and detect, respond, and remediate threats.
What you’ll create and do
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Perform use case coverage assessment to identify gaps and implement new use cases based on Mitre Framework TTPs for DRC clients
- Perform regular use case workshops for clients to tune and enhance their SIEM use case library
- Test and document test results before moving use cases/rules to production
- Tune existing use cases based on client feedback or recommendations by cyber threat investigators upon approval
- Create use case design documents, investigation playbooks.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging security threats and new vulnerabilities
- Work in a team delivering consulting services to high growth organizations with a diverse team of Associates
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
- Achieve expertise in a specialization and a strong reputation as a business advisor
- Mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Work closely with your team to exceed our client’s expectations while identifying and mitigating business risks associated with projects
- Cyber threat intelligence advisory and research
What you’ll bring to this role
- Experience in Information Technology and Information Security with a good understanding of System Development Lifecycle
- Good working knowledge of Server platforms (UNIX, Windows etc)/ Network/ Security/ Vulnerability Assessment/ Regular Expression/ PERL
- Direct prior experience with either ArcSight, Q1 Labs, Nitro or RSA
- Prior experience as a SOC Analyst
- Good working knowledge of Linux system configuration
- Knowledge of networking and security (TCP, SSL, authentication, Linux PAM, OpenSSL, Apache, RPM)
- Industry certifications (CISSP/GIAC suite/EC-Council) are a strong asset
- Experience with Java programming
- Experience building and maintaining Linux or BSD software package repositories such as deb/apt or RPM/yum preferred
- Knowledge of SOAP, GWT a plus
- Development experience on Unix Operating systems
- Experience with SQL programming and development experience in Databases such DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Working knowledge of complete Systems Development Life Cycles with hands on experience using a variety of development methodologies including agile (scrum a plus)
- Experience and/or knowledge of security and privacy enhancing technologies such as identity management, application security and network security technologies
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
Why you’ll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit: https://www.pwc.com/ca/whypwc
See how you can create your future at PwC
Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/applytopwc
We take your privacy seriously. To protect your personal information, please submit your application directly through PwC Canada Careers: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers.html
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Every day we see how people make businesses great. But it’s not only about skills. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, and passionate teams reimagine the possible. Create your future at PwC.
PwC s’engage à bâtir une équipe diversifiée et représentative des collectivités qu’il sert. Nous invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées, sans égard à leur appartenance ethnique, leur race, leur religion, leur sexe, leur orientation sexuelle, leur identité sexuelle, leur statut d’autochtone, leur âge, leur handicap ou leurs besoins en matière d’adaptation du milieu de travail, à présenter leur candidature, qu’il nous fera plaisir d’examiner.
Chaque jour, nous voyons des personnes participer à l’essor des entreprises. Ce n’est pas seulement une question de compétences. Si votre expérience se rapproche de ce que nous recherchons, n’hésitez pas à postuler. Nous sommes conscients que l’expérience peut prendre diverses formes et que des équipes de passionnés peuvent réinventer le possible. Créez votre avenir chez PwC.