In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Manager, Solutions Development, Learning and Performance Support, Professional Practice, the Consultant, Solutions Development, provides facilitation, leadership and consultation in analysis, the use of evidence, knowledge dissemination and synthesis to support Learning & Performance activities and initiatives. The Consultant, Solutions Development develops a strong network of internal and external partnerships with the goal of promoting and advancing quality practices that result in safe, ethical, quality health outcomes for patients, clients and residents.
Education, Training And Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in a relevant health care or education profession, supplemented by a minimum of five (5) years recent, related experience working within a complex health care or education environment including progressive education, project management and leadership experience.
Skills And Abilities
- Thorough knowledge and experience working with complex health care organizations
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity, and is current regarding evolving trends and practices in performance support
- Knowledge of adult education principles and performance support concepts supporting learners at the moment of apply
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and participate effectively in a team environment
- Advanced written, verbal and non-verbal interpersonal and communication competencies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and document planning processes
- Advanced competencies in planning and facilitating organizational change, systems thinking, building collaborative partnerships
- Advanced consultation, facilitation and program management competencies including program implementation and evaluation
- Proven flexibility with a high level of initiative and self-direction
- Demonstrated ability to work through complex situations using an evidence-based approach
- Demonstrated effective decision making skills and critical appraisal skills
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in work priorities / assignments
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related technology
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Link to Full Job Description
Additional information for applicants
The ideal candidate is an innovative, results-oriented “learning leader” who is flexible, adaptable, and committed to lifelong learning and growth while supporting and inspiring others to do the same. Experience in learning and performance consulting, digital learning, teaching, instructional design, learning evaluation, benefits realization, health informatics, project management, and change management is an asset. Please include a cover letter (indicating how you meet the job specifications), resume, and any examples of past work in learning design and teaching.