You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you’ll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
KPMG’s Management Consulting practice helps organizations leverage change. The Information, Data and Analytics team helps organizations leverage their data and information for competitive benefits and advantages by developing and optimizing their data governance, data management and data analytics programs and services, helping them transform their organization by leveraging emerging technologies.
The Information, Data and Analytics team is part of the Technology Strategy and Digital Transformation Service Line, which works with various organizations, both private and public. This multidisciplinary and multilingual team includes individuals with training and skills in information management, data management, metadata management, data engineering, analytics, data science, process re-engineering and architecture. We help our clients to digitally transform their business.
We are looking to fill Manager positions, in various locations across Canada, though you will be asked to work on projects outside your local office. We are a dynamic and innovative team and equally passionate about what we do and the quality of services we provide to our clients.
What you will do
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry professionals to understand client needs and be part of teams developing holistic solutions & applications contributing with the data platform
- Support the assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and solution requirements into structured technical tasks for the team, including rapid learning of industry standards and development of effective work stream plans
- Support build of data environments that enable analytics solutions on a variety of data platforms, including assessing the usefulness of new technologies and advocating for their adoption
- Support the design, build, launch, optimize, and extend full-stack data and business intelligence solutions spanning extraction, storage, complex transformation, and visualization layers
What you bring to the role
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience working as a data warehouse/engineer analyst
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a numerate subject (Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or Science) or equivalent practical experience
- Deep understanding of architectures of traditional data architecture practices (MDM, ODS, data warehousing and other), as well transition to Next-Gen platforms such as Hadoop, Cloud, distributed ledgers, etc.
- Hands-on experience with various relational and NoSQL database technologies, including SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB, Azure DB or Neo4J.
- Experience creating and maintaining ETL/ELT pipelines that operate on a variety of sources, such as APIs, FTP sites, cloud-based blob stores, databases (relational and non-relational), unstructured data, and GIS data
- Hands on experience with architecture and implementation of data warehouse and ETL solutions
- Experience with logical and physical data modeling
- Hands-on experience in architecting Big Data applications using Hadoop and related technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, YARN, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Oozie, NoSQL, HBase, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Flink, Flume, Splunk, etc.
- Experience in API development and 3-tier application development
- Experience with big data platforms, cloud technologies and server-less environments (such as AWS, Azure, Redshift, EMR, etc.)
Keys to your success:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Superior verbal and written interpersonal communication skills. French communication skills would be a strong asset.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Well organized with good prioritization/workload management abilities.
- Professional discipline and importance of outstanding work.
- Commitment to self-learning and continuous skill and professional knowledge development.
- Professional curiosity.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way