You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
KPMG’s Management Consulting practice helps organizations leverage change. The Data and Information Governance team helps organizations leverage their data and information for competitive benefits and advantages by developing or optimizing their data governance and management practices, helping them implement data quality management programs and processes or providing support to transform their organization to fully capitalize on the benefits of new technologies.
The Data and Information Governance team is part of the CIO and CDO consulting team, which works with various organizations, both private and public. Our multidisciplinary and multilingual team includes, in particular, IT, process mapping and optimization specialists, project and data managers, attorneys and archivists.
What you will do
The Data and Information Governance team is looking to fill a Consultant/Senior Consultant position for its Montreal team. We are a dynamic and innovative team and equally passionate about what we do and the quality of services we provide to our clients.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Data and Information Governance, the successful candidate will take part in the various Data and Information Governance engagements. Responsibilities could include ensuring data management and governance-including roles and responsibilities-mapping and optimizing processes and data flows, classifying data, developing data glossaries or dictionaries, managing data lineage, developing and implementing quality management or master data programs, or working within a multidisciplinary team on digital transformation, business intelligence, data leveraging or information security projects.
The successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities, including:
- Taking part in client meetings and supporting the team in developing presentation materials in relation to project kick-off meetings, the gathering and assessment of needs, project management, presentation of results, etc.
- Taking part in and documenting the results of current situation assessments and maturity analyses based on best practices, industry trends and KPMG’s various maturity frameworks for data management and information governance.
- Taking part in developing and implementing roadmaps, data management strategies, process and data flow mapping, data quality management programs, governance frameworks, business cases, cost/benefit analyses and deliverables related to the implementation of recommendations, such as policy writing, data classification or profiling.
- Assisting and supporting clients in implementing recommendations and managing projects in accordance with deadlines, budgets and client expectations;
- Supporting the team in preparing proposals, marketing material, internal and external presentations, etc.
- Working on multiple client engagements of varying scope and complexity at the same time.
- Delivering high-quality work on time that meets the Firm’s quality standards and client expectations.
- Working with cross-functional teams with people of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
What you bring to the role
- University degree in computer science, business intelligence, information architecture, information science, business administration or another related field.
- Minimum of 1 years of relevant professional experience in data governance or management.
- Experience classifying, defining or profiling data.
- Strong understanding of data and business processes.
- Knowledge of governance and data management standards, such as DAMA-DMBOK, CMMI and DCAM.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, the SharePoint platform and Adobe Acrobat.
- Professional experience in the financial or insurance industry, an asset.
- Experience in operations analysis, the definition of needs and processing mapping, including process narratives for managing information, workflows, information and data flows, controls and business case development, an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with various governance or data management tools (Collibra, Informatica, IGC, etc.), an asset.
Keys to your success:
- Ability to work independently and effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Well organized with good prioritization/workload management abilities.
- High professional standards and a commitment to do outstanding work.
- Interest in independent learning as well as skills and knowledge development.
- Professional curiosity.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right Excellence, we never stop learning and improving Courage, we think and act boldly Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: [email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected] .