KPMG’s Operations Advisory Practice helps organizations to develop efficient and effective operations to support strategic business objectives. We support our clients in identifying, quantifying, prioritizing and delivering the changes required to align their operating models to their financial targets and strategic objectives. This approach helps deliver timely improvements in performance and visibility, and control for long-term operating impact.
We start with the big picture, before narrowing it to reflect our clients’ most pressing concerns, focusing on continuously streamlining operations to unlock value, delivering bottom-line improvements and enhancing quality and service levels.
Our Financial Services Solutions practice encompasses Banking Operations, Insurance, and Wealth and Asset Management. You will be working with top financial institutions to solve complex business problems, navigate the changing landscape and outline strategic responses through transformative technologies, data analytics and innovation.
We are seeking a Consultant to strengthen our practice in the Toronto office. We are looking for talented professionals like you, with a proven record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional, meaningful client service.
What you will do
As a Consultant in our Financial Services practice, you’ll be learning from some of the best in the industry and growing your personal skillset by :
- Supporting client pursuits business development efforts including preparing proposals and leading presentations to senior executives.
- Growing reputation and your relationship building skills by developing your internal and business networks.
- Building credibility by delivering high quality results on time and proactively identifying and resolving project issues.
- Working with senior KPMG leaders to understand, enhance and integrate service offerings across the Operations .
- Providing expertise and knowledge for the full spectrum of client-related business activities and projects including: mortgage transformation, corporate lending, operations digitization and pricing optimization.
- Facilitating client workshops and conducting interviews with client personnel.
- Supporting client organizations in developing a culture of continuous improvement and in delivering tangible and sustainable results.
- Acting as a Change Agent to optimize quality, efficiency, cost, and customer value .
What you bring to the role
- A Bachelors’ degree in a related discipline (may include undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Management/Business Administration, Engineering, Business Information/Technology, Finance, Public Administration, Data Sciences and Health Sciences)
- A minimum of 1-3 years of previous consulting experience.
- Experience in planning and tracking projects, working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (experience with other analytical tools – such as Alteryx, VBA, R, Python, etc. – would be beneficial).
- Ability to work independently once provided with direction, but have an affinity for teamwork and relationship building.
- Demonstrated research, analysis and report writing skills as well as project management and/or process improvement experience.
- Comfortable with large datasets, able to draw insights from data, and have a data driven mindset.
- Experience with financial analysis and data modelling is desirable but not essential.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to clearly and articulately identify and define problems and develop creative solutions to address client requirements.
- Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with client stakeholders and work closely in a collaborative team environment.
- Open to learn new things and dive deep into new industries and business functions.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right Excellence, we never stop learning and improving Courage, we think and act boldly Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: [email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected] .