The Network Engineer will be responsible for supporting the design, implementation, networking, telecommunications while providing infrastructure solutions to both internal and external clients.
They will assist with the improvement of service level on our data networks; providing input to the overall architecture, governance model, standardization, and validation of the effectiveness of our infrastructure that is standards-based, high performance, highly available, and secure in delivering the required business functionality.
This role will be required to provide support for the automation of TMX network operations (day 2 operations). Additionally, they will be assisting with the on-going configuration management, testing, and deployment of repeatable tasks without manual intervention; developing orchestration as the process of stringing together a series of these tasks to accomplish a process or workflow; implementing network automation to control and manage repetitive processes and improving network service availability.
- Provide expertise and knowledge on design solutions for data networking environment to meet all business requirements;
- Support the day-day- business operations: assisting with daily changes and upgrades, network support, and automation
- Serve as 2nd level support for our networking environment.
- Analyze and troubleshoot network-related problems & issues at all layers of the networking stack (principally layers 2 & 3)
- Develop networking scripts and Ansible scripts and playbooks for network task automation, including but not limited to, Cisco ACI, Cisco NxOS, FortiOS, F5 BigIP, etc.
- Analyze commercially available data networking products and services to recommend specific solutions;
- Effectively present information and respond to queries from senior management, clients, and customers in a professional manner
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science, information management, or related field
- 5-7 years previous, hands on experience with scripting and programming
- Experience with implementation of network environments utilizing industry standards and best practices for local datacenters and in cloud e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and with working knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux;
- In-depth TCP/IP knowledge and experience including multicast;
- Proficient in Python, REST API, Shell or Ruby scripting to automate and solve network issues including problem identification, resolution, tooling, and reporting.
- Experience with specific networking options, such as 802.1q, FCoE, BGP, MPLS, IPSEC, DWDM, VXLAN
- Experience with ACI would be considered an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
TMX is committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide accommodations for applicants and employees who require it.