Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll be at the heart of CIBC’s digital transformation, successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale mobile projects involving multiple back-end systems.As an Application Consultant, you will build, implement and maintain easy, flexible, and personalized solutions that enhance the client experience across both iOS and Android.You’ll lead the planning and strategy for the technical design, development and integration of these applications.
How You’ll Succeed
- Design and Development – Perform and coordinate complex application programming activities. Design the application’s technical infrastructure using specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches.Lead the design and development of cost-effective and innovative solutions.
- Strategic Planning – Develop multi-year technology roadmaps that align with the bank’s vision, strategy, and business objectives. Lead multiple complex projects involving backend systems, new technology, and the enhancement of existing applications.
- Leadership Skills – Act as the mobile development team lead and run code-review sessions with the wider team to ensure the project is on track to meet objectives. Support and mentor intermediate and senior developers by sharing knowledge, collaborating and problem solving.
Who You Are
- You embrace and champion change. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success.You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You’re digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- You can demonstrate experience in: Objective C, Xcode, Android SDK, Swift, Web Services, XML, Subversion, and GIT. It’s an asset if you are fluent in Object Oriented Design, JSON and RESTFul web services, and if you have written Unit Test and UI Automation Tests.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-595 Bay St., 14th