Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll be at the heart of CIBC’s digital transformation, successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale projects. As a Consultant, Application Development, you will be primarily involved in database development – stored procedures, data load/data migration scripts, SQL queries.You’ll be performing testing, performance tuning, reporting, capacity planning as well as designing and implementing physical database model. You will provide subject matter expertise in production and non-production databases
How You’ll Succeed
- Solid technical knowledge in Oracle database development – this role is primarily development oriented, with an emphasis on PL/SQL and SQL development.
- Analytical thinking – You will be faced with a variety of requests and tasks where problem solving and analytical thinking would be required.
- Managing multiple tasks and setting priorities – You will be part of a dynamic team which is often managing simultaneously multiple projects.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in Oracle RDBMS (11g or higher), PL/SQL, SQL query building and tuning, Relational Data Model, UNIX scripting It’s an asset if you have GoldenGate knowledge or exposure.
- You love to learn. You’re passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- You’re driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you’re empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You embrace and champion change. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-20 Dundas St. W., 6th