Company 58 - Manulife Bank of Canada
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Manulife Bank Compliance Department is seeking an analytical, detail-oriented individual to join its team of Compliance Analysts. The Compliance Department is responsible for identifying and monitoring new regulatory and legislative requirements, assessing compliance risk, identifying areas of non-compliance and ensuring the Bank has established effective controls to meet its compliance obligations. Compliance responsibilities include managing, monitoring and testing regulatory requirements, tracking compliance requirements and controls by maintaining compliance databases, reporting on compliance issues, developing compliance procedures, training and communications.
Reporting to the Director of Bank Compliance, this position will provide regulatory assistance/expertise on policies and procedures in accordance with various provincial and federal legislations.
- Ensure existing compliance issues and records are accurately maintained within the Bank’s regulatory compliance management system.
- Conduct routine and non-routine regulatory reviews, document results, manage expectations with business partners and issue final reports.
- Monitor new regulatory and legislative requirements, including fulsome tracking and reporting, and conducting preliminary analysis of impact.
- Review client facing marketing communication pieces in accordance with the Bank’s marketing approval process.
- Conduct responsibilities of Bank Compliance Department Record Specialist and participate in quarterly records management program meetings.
- Handle customer complaints at the 3rd tier of complaint handling.
- Liaise with the various business units to help provide compliance consultation support.
- Support the Director in the design and delivery of self-assessments and programs used to assess whether the established controls continue to meet compliance objectives. Identify issues and make recommendations for remediation.
- Provide ongoing collaboration and support to the Compliance Team on various projects, tasks, and initiatives as may be needed.
What will be expected from Me?
- Bilingual French and English is a strong asset.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience within the banking and/or compliance environment.
- Understanding of regulatory, legal and industry issues facing the banking industry.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills.
- Ability to readily recognize and evaluate the impact of current or potential compliance issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: ability to convey complex situations and relationships in a clear and concise manner and communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Good interpersonal skills for building and maintaining relationships with peers, supervisors, business clients, senior management, regulators and industry colleagues.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment, demonstrate a high degree of initiative and a strong sense of meeting deadlines.
- A professional attitude and adherence to a high ethical standard.
- Strong Influential and negotiation skills.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and assignments.
We bring a bold ambition and set of goals to drive transformation in our industry, a mission for “Decisions made easier. Lives made better”, a leadership team dedicated to your growth and success as well as our best, every day!
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of September 30, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$943 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.2 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/JohnHancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract,developandretaina workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention,advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers toprovideequal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent withapplicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies.To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected]