Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 200 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources the Compensation Analyst will be responsible for providing support in the analysis and modeling, implementation and administration of competitive compensation programs that align with the organization’s compensation philosophy.
- Review role profiles and assessment criteria for positions in conjunction with HR Advisors
- Evaluate requests for compensation review, job reclassifications, and job levelling for new and existing roles, and promotions.
- Maintain document control for all role profiles in the organization.
- Remain abreast of trends and developments in laws or regulations that apply to compensation.
- Provide guidance to HR Advisors with compensation questions/concerns.
Job Market Analysis
- Maintain and update competitive compensation trends and changes within the marketplace.
- Participate in and analyze survey results and industry trends. Maintain database of market information.
- Research and analyze market data utilizing third party surveys and internal comparative data to determine appropriate classifications for positions. Map the role profiles in the company’s organization matrix and appropriate level for internal equity.
- Support in collecting and analyzing survey data to benchmark the company’s position; and recommend changes to salary and benefit structures as required.
- Remain abreast of the current research, trends and best practices in compensation.
- Perform necessary analysis and provide input and support for compensation policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Conduct analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of existing programs. Based on results of such analyses make recommendations for enhancements or changes and bring forward any concerns that are identified.
- Participate in various compensation or total rewards-related projects which may involve development and/or re-design of existing programs.
- Ensure compliance with legislation.
- Bring forth ideas and recommendations to improve or more strongly sustain our market competitiveness.
- Annual data review of team members for incentive pay programs.
- Assist with design and implementation of compensation and benefits policies; evaluate and revise programs based on changes in policy direction and trend analysis.
- Support the process for annual merit increase planning and costing.
- Develop and create customized reports and dashboards, including PeopleSoft and Power Bi reports that drive business decisions.
- Manage and validate compensation data within the systems.
- Ensure deliverables are functional, well performing, reliable, and flexible.
- Develop and maintain documentation for all BI and PeopleSoft compensation programs.
- A minimum of 3 years’ demonstrated experience in compensation program administration and analysis.
- Experience in administration of program management for salaries, bonuses, commissions, and other forms of compensation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of base salary, total cash, and total direct compensation plan design and administration, performance-based compensation systems, and market-based pay structures.
- Proficiency in Excel with the ability to translate results into meaningful recommendations and reports.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial compensation legislation.
- Experience working with HRIS applications.
- Intermediate analytical and modeling skills.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate with a focus in Human Resources, with majority of experience in Compensation.
- CCP or working towards CCP designation.
- CHRP designation preferred.
- Willing to travel when required.
Please note, that consideration would be given to remote work opportunity for this position.
Start your journey at Kal Tire by contacting our Vernon Office Recruitment Team or by clicking Apply below!