Nova Scotia Power
Job Title : Commercial Services Analyst
Reference Number: 7866
Business Unit: Emera Energy
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Type of Employment: Regular, Full Time
Number of Positions: 1
Company Overview: Emera Energy is a wholly owned subsidiary of Emera Inc. (TSX:EMA). Based in Halifax, Emera Energy manages energy commodities and provides related energy management services on behalf of customers throughout Canada and the United States. The business combines a wealth of expertise, experience and technology to harness global, regional, and local market information related to commodities, generation, transmission, gas transportation and storage to realize growth opportunities.
Accountabilities: Reporting to the Senior Commercial Services Manager, the Commercial Services Analyst is responsible for providing data management and analytical support to the Commercial Team. This role will speak to the detail oriented professional who enjoys working on multiple tasks concurrently.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the input and integrity of trades, transportation contracts, and rates for multiple data management systems;
- Prepare and generate various reports (ex. monthly fuel summary, customer reports);
- Work closely with Emera Energy’s Middle Office, Finance, Trading and Origination teams to ensure successful flow of relevant information across the teams;
- Review and troubleshoot transportation invoices;
- Manage Structured Products SharePoint site and participate in SPT meetings;
- Assist with data configuration solutions (ex. enter and make adjustments to data as part of discovering and implementing effeciencies);
- Participate in ad hoc initiatives.
You will be responsible for your personal safety and that of your co-workers by observing all Occupational Safety and Health Rules and Regulations.
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
As the ideal candidate you recognize yourself in most of the following competencies, and possess or are working towards the desired skills and experience listed below:
- A College/University degree in a Business related field, combined with a minimum of 2-4 years’ professional experience in a Business role (Finance, Analytics, FP&A) is a must;
- You must be detail oriented and possess strong quantitative, analytical, and organizational skills;
- You demonstrate strong relationship, presentation, and communication skills as well as excellent multi-tasking abilities;
- You are career oriented and thrive in a fast paced, team-focused environment while working under tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite of software (Excel in particular) is required;
- As the successful candidate you possess solid business acumen, strong communication skills, flexibility, and you are customer-focused.
At Emera Energy, our employees are our greatest strength. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. As the ideal candidate for this position you speak up on health, safety, and environment issues, and demonstrate a belief that all injuries are preventable. You support flexibility in the workplace and embrace change. As a Commercial Services Analyst, you build strong collaborative relationships with a commitment to a respectful, inclusive, and productive work environment while demonstrating integrity and a commitment to operational excellence for our customers.
Reports To: Senior Commercial Services Manager
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Emera Energy offers a comprehensive remuneration package including a competitive salary, potential for an incentive bonus, pension plan, share purchase plan and employee wellness program.
Form of Application: To apply, please click the APPLY button at the bottom of the page. Complete all required information fields, and make sure to copy and paste your Cover Letter and Resume into 1 single file using the online form.
Application Deadline: All interested candidates should apply no later than January 22, 2021. Late applications may not receive consideration.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We’re committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including African Nova Scotians and other members of the visible minority community, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through a series of questions in the on-line application process.
Normally, unless otherwise requested in advance, the supervisors of internal candidates selected for an interview will be contacted in order to facilitate scheduling of the interviews. The supervisor will maintain the confidentiality of the employee’s application.