Ciena Canada, Inc.
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
Ciena Corporation, the network specialist, offers leading network infrastructure solutions, intelligent software and a comprehensive services practice. Our portfolio of software-centric optical and Ethernet platforms combines network element programmability, operating system commonality and management unification, and Carrier Ethernet-based transformation to enable our customers to change the way they compete. Our solutions form the foundation of many of the largest, most reliable and sophisticated service provider, enterprise, government, and research and education networks across the globe.
Ciena currently has an exciting entry level co-op (4 months) opportunity with the Coherent Modem Systems Development team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative software developer to join the Coherent Modem Systems Development team working on Ciena’s coherent optical modem products. The position will involve working with senior developers to extract, organize, and visualize product performance data.
• Work with our senior engineers to develop tools for visualization of various test and equipment performance data (real time monitoring of parameters and/or post processing for visual evaluation of performance). This may take the form of database management/visualization tools and realtime data streaming/visualization from equipment operating in a lab environment.
• Lab duties may also include configuration, setup, and maintenance of lab test configurations for various system testing.
• Development/maintenance of automation scripts to provide time efficient, consistent, and repeatable test results.
• Good communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills are essential
• Experience with database tools and concepts, eg: SQL/MySQL and/or web based database management (SPARK, AWS, SCALA, etc…).
• Programming with Python, MATLAB, and C++.
• Experience working with JSON.
• Understanding of NETCONF/YANG and open APIs.
• Familiar with the principles of communication systems
• 3rd – 4th year undergraduate in suitable subject, preferably with prior co-op experience in related fields.
• Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Applied Physics, or Electrical Engineering students are encouraged to apply.
The following information will assist you in completing the online application:
1. The anticipated start date for these positions is May 2020 To qualify as an intern or co-op student, you must be returning to school once the work-term is complete, or the work-term is the final requirement for graduation.
2. When applying online, please upload your RESUME and TRANSCRIPT in the “Documents” section when you create your Ciena profile.
3. We will be screening your RESUME based on the following 3 components: Employment History (e.g. co-op or internship placements, summer jobs), GPA (and what it is out of, e.g. 3.2/4.0, 80/100, etc.); and Extracurricular/Volunteer activities.
4. Be sure to include your school information in the “Education Qualifications” field of your online profile.
Cienais a network strategy and technology companywith apassion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome.We attract the best and brightest- those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering theirpassion and purpose. We trusteach individualto do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world.With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking businesspractices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries.Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Cienais also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measuresrequiredforyou to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.