Ciena Canada, Inc.
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
Ciena Corporation is a global networking leader holding #1 market position in our field. At our R&D headquarters in Ottawa we develop intelligent software for customers such as Facebook, Google and Apple as well as telecommunications giants such as AT&T, Verizon and Bell Canada.
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic co-ops to help us developapplications forour next generation Network Management solution. As a member of the MCP Applicationsteam, you will be responsible for developingvalue-added software solutions that help differentiate Ciena from its competitors,using the latest technologies and techniques. We are looking for students who are interested in developing front end Web UI solutions using Ember.js for an amazing user experience as well as students interested in developing backend software solutions using a variety of languages and technologies. The position will be catered to students’ interests.
You’ll enjoy flexible working hours, the ability to work from home when necessary, a MacBook Pro or Windows laptop, a team environment and mentors who want to help you throughout the work term. We have a modern, open and collaborative office environment which includes locker rooms and showers, free coffee & tea, fully equipped self-serve kitchens and a bright and spacious cafeteria.
- Work with a fast-paced team to build leading edge networking software
- Follow an Agile software development process to ensure high quality and quick delivery
- Interact daily with other developers and testers and contribute through scrum meetings, implementation discussions, code reviews and integration testing.
You will gain:
- Experience building complex, scalable applications using leading edge technologies
- First-hand experience developing real customer software solutions
- Visibility of the full software development life cycle from requirements through to test
- A strong sense of responsibility for quality and completion of assigned tasks
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Software programming experience (e.g. Scala, GO, Java, Python)
- Understanding of functional and/or distributed programming concepts
- Familiarity with Linux based development environments
- Self-starter, highly motivated with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for software development and willingness to learn
Nice to have Skills:
- Experience with container-based technologies such as docker
- Experience with REST API development
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum, Agile JIRA, Confluence
Co-op salaries are based on number of school years completed and previous co-op experience. Salaries range from $18 to $27/hour. Come join us for a term and discover how rewarding and fun a co-op term (or two) can be.
Cienais a network strategy and technology companywith apassion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome.We attract the best and brightest- those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering theirpassion and purpose. We trusteach individualto do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world.With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking businesspractices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries.Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Cienais also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measuresrequiredforyou to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.