Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies.
Join our team
Google Cloud technology is the future, empowering millions of organizations and businesses to lead, innovate and grow
If you are passionate about working with this leading edge technology while providing premier technical customer support, consider this superb opportunity at TELUS.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We are looking for Cloud System Administrator/Technical Support Specialist who will provide excellent technical customer service support for Google Cloud Platform products and solutions including Google Compute Engine and related services. Working in a blended call center environment, you will provide real time technical assistance and developer support over the phone and via online communications based on client requirements as part of a global 24×7 support organization. This role will also partner with engineers and product managers to improve the product and make our customers successful.
- Provide technical support to customers using Google Cloud Platform products, solutions and application program interfaces (APIs)
- Identify and document product bugs and feature requests and work alongside internal support teams as well as customers to implement effective solutions
- Identify and reproduce production impacting issues and coordinate fixes for customers
- Work closely with internal support teams to improve Google Cloud Platform products at a senior level
- Provide assistance and mentorship to users through public forums, third party and Google-owned
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Strong understanding of Linux system & Windows server administration
- Familiarity with networking (NAT, DNS, firewalls, basic routing, load balancing, etc.)
- Demonstrate comprehensive troubleshooting tactics
- Resourcefulness and strong research skills
- Must have proficient Oral and Written English language and good communication skills.
- Understanding and identify issues from reading product logs such as audit, system and error logs
- Ability to quickly learn and explain new complex technologies and subjects.
- Comfortable working in a CLI environment
- Build, run and manage containers
- Information security best practices
- 24/7 availability
Great to have:
- College diploma in Computer Science or 2 years of equivalent experience
- Relevant certification (ACE, Security Eng, Prof. Cloud Architect)
- Experience with virtual machines (Google Compute Engine, VMware, Amazon EC2, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting Linux & Windows server performance (CPU, memory, I/O) and familiarity with common troubleshooting tools (vmstat, iostat, lsof, strace, etc.)
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Security tools
- Experience with automation scripting
- Familiarity with web and mail protocols (HTTP, TLS, SMTP, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern API technologies (OAuth, HTTP RPCs, REST)
- Familiarity with SQL (any dialect)
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.