You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
About the company
The Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) team enables Sun Life’s pivot toward cloud computing by building cloud capabilities, enablement functions, and partnerships across Enterprise Services. As part of the CCoE, the Cloud Delivery and Operations team’s mandate is to operationalize and deliver cloud services, as well as their underpinning governance and management processes.
About the role
The Cloud Solution Analyst role is to install, administer and optimizecloud basedsolutions and related cloud components (IaaS and PaaS). This includes ensuring the availability of cloud services, configuring new implementations using automation solutions, and implementing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the cloud environment.
As with many IT services, there is an expectation of availability off hours for client impacting changes or troubleshooting activities; Sun Life is a global operation and therefore requires 24×7 support.
What you will do
Delivery of Cloud solutions – 65%
- Understand and work with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Build cloud based services and solutions based on defined patterns.
- Work closely with other team members, technical/team leads, management, specialized IT areas and application support teams to ensure that solutions are built to deliver availability, reliability, and scalability.
- Prioritize and respond to service requests as appropriate.
- Ensure that solutions we deliver are compliant with all operational and security standards, directives and policies.
- Implement and operationalize new cloud services.
- Develop scripts and functions to support internal processes and improve system performance.
- Define, document and implement consistent standards and procedures.
- Share the responsibility of 7X24 rotational on-call duties, after hour change support and disaster recovery support.
Operational health of all services managed by Cloud Delivery and Operations– 30%
- Participate in key process improvements as they relate to thecloudenvironment.
- Perform cloud system configuration and management,implement maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Recommend and execute modifications tocloudenvironment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in the operation of key controls.
- Develop and maintain cloud environment documentation.
- Respond to Help Deskservice requests and incidents fordeployed cloudresources.
- Support the development of Service Improvement Plans to avoid repeat problems and proactively address operational problems and service degradations before they occur.
- Share the responsibility of 7X24 rotational on-call duties, incident support and disaster recovery support.
Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery–5%
- Support the development of disaster recovery test plans for cloud services as required and participate in exercises.
What you need to succeed:
- University level degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Science or a related technology field.
- 2 years of relevant work experience in server administration and/or cloud solution administration in an enterprise environment.
- Familiarity and/or experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Scripting languages (Python, Microsoft Powershell, etc.)
- Experience in DevOps environments and the use of automation to deliver business value
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, preferably with exposure to Scrum or KANBAN frameworks.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop Key Performance Indicators, report on them regularly and develop service improvement plans across varied technologies and processes.
- Ability to facilitate troubleshooting responses in a timely fashion to the business need.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data.
- Being part of our journey in developing the next greatest digital experience.
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security.
- Flexible hours and periodic work from home options
- An extensive support system for continual learning including company-run courses, access to online learning platforms, opportunity for rotations, etc.
The ability to receive Reliability Status is a requirement of this role
LI – SJ1
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected]
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
55,500/55 500 – 91,600/91 600
IT – Technology Services
Posting End Date: