We are looking to hire hands-on cloud engineers to join our diverse, talented, high performance, and rapidly growing Customer Architecture and Engineering (CAE) within the global AppDev team. The position is deeply technical and highly solution focused with unique opportunities to work on the most challenging and excitingprojects within Microsoft, as well as providing an opportunity to drive feedback into core Microsoft products to help improve our platforms.
CAE Engineers are senior individual contributors who operate globally and engage directly with customers. It is a hands-on technical role spanning across design, build, and production with a focus on issue resolution to remove customer production blockers. Candidates are expected to comfortably switch from a whiteboard to the Azure Portal and Visual Studio. This is a truly exciting role that will feature unique and challenging technical problems to solve, with opportunities to connect with and learn from some of the best software engineers in the world.
The CAE team operates within the Customer Success (CS) organization, which focuses on Microsoft’s Cloud and AI Platform from within the Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB). Customer Success is an enterprise organization within Microsoft that is responsible for helping customers to build, deploy and operate Microsoft’s Cloud and AI platform.
The CAE team is a highly technical team that operates globally and is responsible for:
- Working directly with our most strategic customer projects worldwide to ensure they are successful on our cloud platforms, with a special focus on designing and helping customers to build production applications and reduce technical debt.
- Providing a positive impact to the strategic direction of engineering teams by ensuring they fully understand the end-to-end technical details of their services through the eyes of our customers.
- Curating and producing high quality guidance for our internal and external communities, to share best practices with the larger community worldwide.
- The development and mentorship of technical delivery personnel within the Customer Success organization.
This role is based within the US or Canada and there may be up to 50% travel for this role as CAE Engineers are sometimes expected to work on-site with customers across the globe, with an occasional need to be in Redmond WA to engage directly with the broader CAE team and other engineering teams.
CAE Engineers are remote workers that can be based across different Microsoft locations or home offices depending on individual circumstances.
The ideal candidate for the App Dev team will have a breadth of knowledge across Azure and cloud computing topics, as well as specialist hands-on expertise in topics from one or more of the specialist application development technical areas below:
- Engineering distributed applications within architectural scenarios such as Web and IoT.
- Designing scalable solutions on Azure with focus on performance and resiliency.
- Application design patterns, and anti-patterns, such as MVC, CQRS or SAGA.
- Implementing messaging patterns and application integration techniques and technologies.
- Interacting with and querying databases and/or NoSQL datastores.
- Application monitoring and end to end telemetry.
- Implementing microservice architectures.
- Containers for packaging application deployment units and interacting with container-orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes and Service Fabric.
- Defining CI/CD pipelines to automate test and release across different application environments using concepts such as Blue/Green and Canary deployments.
- Source code management using Git or other source control technologies such as TFS.
- Open-source technologies and frameworks.
- Power platform and building power applications.
Candidates must also exhibit a technical propensity to learn new technologies and stay abreast of Azure advancements and understand relevant cloud trends.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.