Who we are
We are modernizing the Software Development Experience at Cisco, bringing best in class Infrastructure, solutions and open-source software for use by engineering. This role aims at revolutionizing the way every engineer at Cisco lives, plays, works and learns!
We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products and capabilities that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek forward-thinking, committed team members who are passionate about new innovative way to deliver value to customers. Surrounded by intelligent and creative people who are determined to innovative products and services.
We are looking for
An inspiring innovator, mentor, and coach, conversant and passionate about emerging opportunities to be part of a software development team, building the Next Generation Service for 10,000 of our fellow Cisco Engineers. Help us design, build and deploy a microservices-based private cloud, delivering state-of-the-art: opensource, 3rd party and custom-designed applications for our users. We are at an exciting stage of this journey and looking for a passionate, innovative and action-oriented engineering leader who wants to be part of the team building a Next Generation Developer Experience at Cisco.
Who You Are
You are an experienced software and systems engineer, uncovering underlying customer needs and writing code and tools to create the right solution. Driven by the need to do things as close to perfection as possible. You like working in high performing teams and being able to get involved in the details when needed. Seeking to understand how things work and why things don’t work to continuously improve self, the team and the technologies you work with. Focused on customer success by understanding requirements and translating them into solutions and actions.
You Lead by example and demonstrate excellence in collaboration and communication, with a knack for creative problem solving and a proven track record for leading teams to deliver high quality outcomes. An effective spokesperson and champion for the engineering teams, passionate about mentoring and developing engineers to build a strong bench. A thought leader and a rigorous thinker who is equally comfortable and capable interacting with technologists as with senior executives with the ability to articulate the value of the proposed solution. A collaborative engineering professional with substantial experience design and development and bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivated to develop simple solutions to complex problems in our Engineering Group. A Product and Software Quality Champion by engaging with all phases of Software Development Lifecycle and particularly contributing to the infrastructure to help accelerate Software Release delivery while improving Product Quality.
You have a BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering plus 8+ years of related experience and are recognized as a strategic thinker in internal and external forums, with extensive technical cloud native development expertise.
You have experience as: Technical Leader Network Architecture Agile Software Development Test Automation Python OpenStack Docker Kubernetes CI/CD
• Highly motivated, self-starting, mid-career individual with the desire and initiative to expand your skills in a highly critical and complex environment.
• You still code and are willing to be hands-on. You also have the ability to go deep into technical architecture and design when needed to solve a complex problem.
• You have a strong track record of managing projects and has delivered multiple cloud products in the past.
• Strong technical expertise on cloud technologies and cloud architectural patterns such as API services, Containerization, Micro-services, Application monitoring, and Elastic scaling.
• Deep technical knowledge of distributed storage solutions (MinIO, HDFS, GlusterFS, S3, etc.)
• Experience with frequent and incremental development, testing, and deployments using Agile development methodologies, and DevOps practices
• Experience building and improving CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, SDLC tools, SonarQube, Linkt, and security testing tools.
• Significant experience with (in order of preference) Python (preferably with AsyncIO), Golang, Java, C++
• Experience with virtualization and containerization platforms like KVM, OpenStack, Docker.
• Experience with Cloud technologies including Kubernetes or Marathon, Mesos, DCOS, Terraform.
• Experience with scaling and operationalizing distributed data stores, file systems, and services.
• Experience with OAuth and security protocols.
• Experience with monitoring technologies such as Prometheus, ELK and TICK stack.
• Experience using CI/CD systems including GitHub, Ansible, SonarQube and Bazel.
• Experience with load balancers like nginx, haproxy and Kong.
• Strong verbal and written communication, Strong analytical skills is a must
To be successful in this role you will:
• Work closely with product management and architecture teams across Cisco Business Units to drive technology, products and capabilities that will strengthen Cisco’s differentiators
• Promote architecture evolution across Cisco to enable Cloud and as-a-Service capabilities and offers
• Assess technical viability and gaps to deliver new solutions and offers to market
• Establish strong architectural alignment for the products and architectures across the organization
• Collaborate with Architecture and Engineering teams to scope technical requirements for proposed integrations
• Drive initial proofs of concept in partnership with engineering, integrate findings into the product roadmap
• Be passionate about crafting market leading products with excellent user experience
• Entrepreneurship, creative problem-solving skills, and a strong desire to make an impact
• Ability to dig into how complex things work, and determining how to make them simpler
• Data driven and analytics-based focus
• Have a hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology products
• Take strong initiative with ability to work independently with limited direction
• Confidently present in front of audiences of all sizes
• Be a great written and verbal communicator
• Why Cisco?
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better
• We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco