dormakaba: ranked in the top 100 global tech leaders by Thomson Reuters!
The dormakaba Group is one of the top three companies in the global market for access and security solutions. The company is a single source provider of products, solutions and services related to doors and secure access to buildings and rooms. No matter where you are, if you need reliable and innovative access and security solutions, we will provide you high quality service – in hotels, shops, sports facilities, airports, hospitals, at home or in the office. Around the globe.
With over 16,000 employees worldwide (over 500 in Montreal), dormakaba is present in over 130 countries and has more than 150 years of experience. The dormakaba Group is headquartered in Rümlang, Switzerland, and generates annual revenues of over 3 billion dollars CAD.
dormakaba offers you a career not a job. Join us now and make a real difference in creating the next generation of products and services. Visit our website www.dormakaba.com
Is designing, building and managing visionary cloud systems is your thing? Join our cloud platform development team and share your expertise!
We are looking for someone with your analytical astuteness and courage of vision you lead our cloud technology into a new era. Your experience utilizing and managing infrastructure is an asset to our team. Let’s put your engineering and architectural know-how to work and create great things!
As part of dormakaba digital, the Cloud Architect will be part of an international platform team to develop and operate consolidated cloud services across dormakaba digital product lines.
The Cloud Architect will lead architectural design implementation of cloud product solutions. Works closely with the project team, including DevOps and software development teams, to deliver highly available, resilient and responsive applications.
Assesses cloud requirements and designs against best practices, technology advances, industry standards, and business needs. Provides direction on implementing feasible, cost-effective solutions to the overall system architecture and designs to meet these needs. Will be a major contributor to the business strategy and project deliverable goals.
Will be providing vision, solution and support for internal and external facing services. Will ensure solutions are in alignment with the overall corporate strategy, strategic drivers and industry best practices.
dormakaba digital actively promotes innovation and continuous improvement and encourages you share to help shape these processes.
- Design and implement Cloud-native architectures that will allow business requirements to be met with a minimal time to market
- Develop and maintain highly scalable, highly available cloud platform architectures, perform activities including conceptual and logical modeling and design implementation
- Develop a technology roadmap and transitions from the current architectures to the target architecture
- Work in small teams that use Agile methodology to keep up in a fast-paced business environment
- Evaluate new cloud technologies to determine suitability for inclusion in the solution architecture including implementation of POCs
- Promote the use of shared platforms, services, and applications to reduce costs and improve overall efficiency
- Must subscribe to a DevOps culture within multidisciplinary teams focused on fully automated CI/CD environments
- Focused within a DevOps culture, this position will be responsible for promoting and implementing the dormakaba digital transformation strategy.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field is required (Master’s degree preferred)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong working knowledge of cloud PaaS architecture: AWS and SaaS implementations.
- General knowledge of data management, big data, RDB, NoSQL, ETL, analytics, and BI
- General knowledge of Identity, directory, authentication/authorization, single-sign-on, access management, API hardening, encryption, data privacy
- Advanced knowledge of cloud storage, scalability, and availability
- Strong experience determining and addressing non-functional requirements: response times, availability, disaster recovery, scalability, data retention, etc…
- Proven record of architecting and building large-scale, complex applications used in business- critical operations and featuring high performance/throughput and scalability high availability, disaster recovery implementation
- Experience in working both independently and with multi-discipline teams, business stakeholders. High attention to security concerns
- Excellent communication skills including documenting, visualizing, presenting to a mixed/large audience, and balancing talking and listening
- Excellent leadership skills including collaboration, accountability, results driven, self-motivation, big-picture thinking, building strong relations, and negotiating
- High attention to detail and strong analytical, organizational, and task management skills.
- A fast-growing international company
- A stimulating, fast and friendly work environment
- An opportunity to highly contribute to the success of the company
- Competitive global compensation
- A 12-minute walk from Du College metro station.
dormakaba Canada Inc.
is looking forward
to your application.
In case of questions just dial
Please only use the “Apply now”-Button