Your Role and Responsibilities
- Actively develop and progress qualified opportunities for Management and AIOps working with the IBM Sales teams.
- Act as a deep technical expert in Management and AIOps opportunities and leverage your experience to make presales engagements successful.
- Enable, support and work with the Business Partner ecosystem.
- Collaborate with other internal IBM teams to drive unmatched customer satisfaction.
- Maintain an understanding of the clients industry, including industry trends, industry business processes.
- Collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Support customer technical escalations, on-site health checks, best practice sharing, designing solutions; and answer technical questions throughout the sales process in order to identify/progress/close sales and develop customer relationships.
- Required Professional and Technical Expertise :
- IT Operations and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Good knowledge of the role of traditional IT Operations (ITOps) Engineers, tools they are typically using, and pain points they are facing, e.g. deep experience with Logs and Log aggregation, Automation (Ansible, Saltstack, Terraform), ChatOps and interoperability with enterprise chat tools, CI/CD pipelines
- Deep understanding of how a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) approaches Operations to ensure that continuously delivered applications run efficiently and reliably by using software engineering and automation solutions.
- Ability to assess where the client is on the journey from traditional IT Operations to SRE, and able to articulate and demonstrate the value of Watson AIOps to help them with the transition.
- Expert knowledge around DevSecOps concepts
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Kubernetes Expertise:
- Applied knowledge of building and operating clusters effectively on a Kubernetes platform (preferably Red Hat OpenShift)
- Expert in understanding the underlying open source and concepts around Storage, Networking, Security, Trouble Shooting, Management and Performance Tuning
- Cognitive Data Engineering:
- Very good understanding at least one AIOps solutions in the market (ServiceNOW, Splunk, Moogsoft, or Watson AIOps)
- In-depth understanding of Data Modeling, and Data Models
- Ability to articulate the value to an IT Operations Engineer without Data-Scientist background
- Deep experience in training data AI models:
- Expert in data normalization
- Understanding of the amount and kind of data needed to train a model
- Ability to explain and demonstrate the confidence level of a model
- Complete familiarity with Kubernetes Linux clusters and command line experience for data integration, transformation and validation
- Hands-on experience with Scripting and scripting languages
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Proven communication skills and fluent in French and English.
- Ability to understand business problems, and articulate business value to different target audiences (IT Operation Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, CxO)
- In-depth Cloud Platform knowledge and in one of the following: Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform/Anthos, Amazon/AWS
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.