We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Our Waterloo ON office requires a Municipal/Land Development Engineer who will be responsible for coordination, management, design and construction of both public sector and private sector projects. Projects will include land developments ranging from small private site plans to large public sites (e.g., transit maintenance facilities), from small in-fill residential developments, to large +1,000 unit residential and industrial subdivisions; and some public infrastructure repair/improvement projects.
Most of the you’ll work on:
- Liaise with clients, government/regulatory bodies, contractors, etc.;
- Assist with business planning, identifying opportunities for growth, and prepare proposals for business development;
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate development projects from start to finish according to schedule and budget;
- Engineering of land development and municipal infrastructure;
- Coordinate and process municipal applications for land development permits primarily related to an understanding of subdivisions and site plans;
- Assist with the tender, evaluation, award and administration of earthworks, site servicing, road contracts;
- Manage developments at various stages of the project lifecycles through to assumption by the municipality;
- Oversee Value Engineering to ensure projects are delivered as efficiently as possible without compromising quality;
- Coordinate, host and report on meetings with stakeholders, City staff, community members, consultants and others;
- Actively participate in staff development, staff assessments, ongoing coaching and mentoring;
- Other duties as required;
You'll need to have:
- +7 years’ experience in similar role;
- CET or P. Eng., designation;
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), Teams;
- Understanding of CIVIL3D;
- Proven technical writing skills and strong verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to be flexible and collaborate, while maintaining quality work within a fast paced environment.
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we're located at 410 Albert St in Waterloo, Ontario.
As a global architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, planning and technology design firm, IBI Group also has offices across the country, continent and world. Our IBI Waterloo office is located in close proximity to the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier. It is easily accessible by bike, car or the ION light rail and only a five-minute drive to Uptown Waterloo or 10 min to the St. Jacobs Farmers Market. The region’s cities and townships play host to more than 60 arts, culture, and heritage festivals all year round. One of its most popular festivals, Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest, has evolved into the world’s 2nd largest Bavarian festival, next only to the Oktoberfest held in Munich, Germany. The City of Waterloo hosts many community events including the Uptown Waterloo Jazz Festival and Busker Festival. Uptown Waterloo is a thriving urban centre with award-winning architecture, unique shops and excellent restaurants.
Our employees enjoy our ‘small office’ feel with all the perks of a ‘big office’ support system. You’ll have direct access to management while benefitting from our enthusiastic and helpful organizational resources team. Our office is open concept which provides a creative environment and represent our collaborative approach to our delivery of projects.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.