At Arterra Wines Canada, we love inspiring the big and small moments that happen when our products are shared and enjoyed. For us it’s not just about what’s in and on the bottle, it’s what happens in people’s lives when we’re a part of them that keeps us thirsting for more and not resting on our laurels as Canada’s largest and most enjoyed wine company. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we’re looking for people who do the same.
Reporting to the National Lead – Sales Strategy & Category Management, the Category Management Analyst will assist in managing the category management relationship with identified strategic account(s). The Category Management Analyst will drive key growth initiatives leveraging fact-based approach including market trend analysis, category assessment, assortment optimization, planogram development, promotion planning & optimizing the shoppers experience, as well as, elevate Arterra Wine Canada’s presence & impact with assigned account(s).
- Develop and validate category growth strategies for Ontario by channel and customer. Provide in-depth analytics that measure sales, revenue and profitability. Leverage this information with customers to modify planograms by segment, country and product.
- Own the category management process at strategic account(s) securing the appropriate resources to effectively maximize sales and grow margins for Retailer(s) and Arterra Wines Canada.
- Complete business and category reviews to help sales and customers understand shopper insights, go to market, assortment, shelving, merchandising, pricing and promotions strategies and opportunities
- Proactively identify emerging competitive threats and customer opportunities leveraging all available resources making fact-based recommendations to Retailer(s) and Arterra Wines Canada Account Manager(s).
- Responsible for development & maintenance and optimization of all customer planograms and analytics that measure space, sales and shelf revenue and profitability.
- Develop standard sales reports by region, channel, customer, category and brands. Identify unique regional category insights that can be leveraged to strengthen our position in the region.
- Develop a vision for the category by region. Build syndicated stories to support market dynamic situations and new products on a regional and customer basis.
- Assist in development of annual sales growth plans.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related fields
- 5-7 years of Category Management, Research, or Sales Analytics experience
- Strong knowledge of consumer products and developing partnerships with national accounts
- Proficient in sales and marketing development, data analysis, Planogram development, ability to conduct complex ad-hoc data analysis
- Working knowledge of syndicated data platforms : Nielsen, Dunnhumby, IRI, Precima
- Advanced Excel user
- Ability and experience creating dashboards using Power BI (or any other data visualization tool) is considered an asset
- Strong story telling experience converting data into insights
- Experience with Space Planning software (JDA or Nielsen Space planning)
- Strong strategic planning, organizational, interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively in teams with high customer focus
- Excellent leadership, creative problem solving, and project management skills
- Self-starter, task oriented with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Able to prioritize tasks based on potential commercial impacts under aggressive deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing to a widely diverse audience to ensure information is clearly presented
- Ability to travel as required for customer meetings, product knowledge events, and other customer-related activities
- Valid driver’s license
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Product Allowances & Safe Ride Home Program
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
- An opportunity to learn about the world of wine
Number of Openings:
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.