This role is a 12 month contract
Category Development Analyst
The Category Development Analyst is accountable for the understanding and analysis of the Confectionery category and to support their Category Development Leader in providing objective, strategic and tactical category insights and advice. They will be actively involved in identifying opportunities for their customer, including sales performance, promotional activities, item assortment and shelving strategy and execution. They will also be involved in providing best in class examples and insights from the global category community and other available assets.
What are we looking for?
- University degree or college diploma in related field
- 1-3 years of CPG industry experience with knowledge of grocery/drug/mass channels and with category management experience an asset
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret data from a mix of data sources and translate insights into relevant strategies and tactics (actions / initiatives) and execute with our customers in a clear, simple and engaging way.
- Ability to build effective relations and influence decisions, having the confidence to lead and use data to reinforce your opinions.
- In-store and/or Customer experience and understanding of how to develop engaging and actionable category solutions for the customer.
- Advanced Excel skills and PowerPoint skills
- Shelf Management software (JDA ProSpace) knowledge an asset
- Nielsen data analysis and Nielsen Answers experience an asset
- Retail Link experience an asset
- Category Management experience an asset
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Ongoing analysis of category and customer trends and tactics. Develops recommendations to support category growth principles. Leads category account scorecard reporting process and category top-line understanding. Leverages local and global Insights and best practices to bring to the customer. Developing and presenting analysis and insights to help drive total category sales growth at customers.
- Utilize industry tools to create weekly reporting for total category – identify the key drivers across all retailers in Canada.
- Assortment analysis to provide recommendations on Items not carried by the retailer that are doing well in the marketplace.
- Responsible for vendor share analysis using Nielsen Market numbers
- Store visits to review in market conditions (vehicle required)
What can you expect from Mars?
- Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as m&m’s, Ben’s Original, Pedigree and Royal Canin within Mars Canada.
- An industry competitive salary
- Opportunity to work with some of Canada’s largest retailers.
- The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars Canada’s Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy to [email protected]