Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. is a subsidiary of The J.M. Smucker Company. For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker’s®, Folgers®, Jif®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Crisco®, Café Bustelo®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Sahale Snacks®, Smucker’s® Uncrustables®, Robin Hood®, and Bick’s®. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray® Nutrish®, Meow Mix®, Milk-Bone®, Kibbles ‘n Bits®, Natural Balance®, and Nature’s Recipe®. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
In today’s ever-changing CPG industry, Smucker Foods of Canada provides a unique culture of passionate, proud individuals who are motivated to collaborate with one another internally, but still be competitive externally. Our warm, welcoming culture, thrives on bringing families together to share memorable meals and moments. This means:
- A preference forface-to-face conversation and “Management by Walking Around”
- Transparent communication to build a high level of trust
- A simple but effective management approach that has stood the test of time, weathered complex business environments, and evolved with our business through the years
- Our facilities provide a sense of community where people will be proud to gather, work, and learn from one another
Job Title:Category and Retailer Management Analyst
Reports To:Senior Manager, Category Leadership
Work closely with the Manager in the activation of aisle/category insights at the customer as well as in creating customer-specific category management deliverables for both our Sales team and Customer Category Buyers (for advisorships), with emphasis on actionable category and shopper centric insights.
Execute Category Management
- Using the category management principles, customize sales presentations for Key Account Managers (KAM) based on business needs as per JMS focus areas and account needs and pressures (price, promotion, distribution, assortment, and merchandising)
- Build relationship with customer(s); and provide customer non-biased insights, trade strategies and effective category plans to drive business results.
- Leverage our knowledge of our categories, consumers and shoppers in building opportunities during joint business plans (JBPs) or category reviews
- Develop actionable selling stories using fact-based information
- Attend and present at customer & sales meetings as appropriate.
- Uncover and develop actionable category opportunities and Insights eg (listings, pricing,assortment, POGs)
- Integrate Category Management approach and analysis into every product launch/line extension.
- Ensure work load is linked to the agreed with Sales team at the start of the fiscal
- Integrate shopper centric insight to customer presentations
Support Category Strategy
- Communicate to the Category Strategy team customer issues in order to influence category strategy group insight exploration
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of Category Management or Shopper Insights or experience required
- Experience in retailer relations a plus
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong technical skills in Excel, Power Point, Nielsen
- Sound understanding of Syndicated and Panel Data implementation
Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. values diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.