You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Join a team that is transforming data and analytics at Sun Life Financial (SLF) Canada. Sun Life’s Client Experience Office (CXO) Client Engagement Engineering area is aggressively enhancing its campaign design and data integration capability with new tools, and most importantly, new talent.
As a member of the CXO Engineering team, you will play a pivotal role in working closely with our business partners to enable digital engagement, understand our client needs in new ways, and ultimately enable a leading client experience.
As Campaign Designer, you will leverage our vast data, SAS and Big Data capabilities to enable these objectives by designing marketing campaigns and delivering data solutions for our inbound and outbound channels. In joining CXO Engineering, you will be part of one of the fastest growing areas of our business, representing the future of our business and our industry.
What will you do?
- Plan, set up, and execute outbound and inbound digital campaigns and real time decision flows in accordance with the strategy and objectives of campaign stakeholders
- Work in partnership with internal stakeholders to leverage personas, customer journeys and data strategies to develop and implement marketing automation programs
- Gather, document, and help form business requirements, key performance indicators, and other functional and technical requirements
- Create high quality client experience through use of digital channels, interactive journeys and triggered engagements
- Support stakeholders and third parties throughout the campaign implementation process
- Interact frequently with stakeholders including interaction with marketers, analysts, web developers, content and creative designers
- Manage multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Some technical writing, report analysis and PowerPoint presentation creation
- Understand measurement methodologies, why we need them and when to use them (A/B testing, Test/Control etc.)
- Identify process gaps, efficiencies, refinements and establish new process
- Gain hands-on experience working with advanced marketing automation platforms, enterprise-level data structures and complex MarTech integrations
- Perform extensive data profiling and develop deep understanding of the highly complex data landscape.
- Deepen the organizations understanding of client and member level data and provide expert guidance on how best to leverage data to provide actionable business insight
- Manage and execute on business data requests ensuring requests are aligned to business priorities and the request fulfillment meets the business needs
- Collaborates in an agile team to understand business objectives and develop campaign solutions that deliver best in class, engaging and highly relevant experiences
- Liaise with stakeholders across other teams to resolve discrepancies
- Manage and execute data requests ensuring requests are aligned to business priorities and the request fulfillment meets the business needs
- Support campaign target list generation, analyses, measurement and reporting
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor Degree in a field with a strong technical core such as Computer Science, Software engineering, Business Analytics, Engineering Science, Statistics, Math, Business Commerce or equivalent working experience
- Over 6 years experience in campaign design, data management and a solid understanding of the data needs of marketing, campaigns and business.
- Over 5 years experience in SQL programming and database development
- Intermediate SAS skills are required
- Demonstrated experience in database querying and reporting and developing campaign lists for direct marketing campaigns
- The candidates must have relevant experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Inbound and Outbound campaigns
- Knowledge on the data needs for analytics and campaigns
- Solid communication skills – have the ability to explain complexity of data to a business audience and explain the complexity of business to the IT audience
- Adaptable – maintains effectiveness while managing competing demands, able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
What will be nice to have?
- Related work experience in Campaign execution and operations, marketing automation, digital communications, database marketing and data analysis, decision engines (e.g. SAS RTDM)
- General programming language knowledge and basic application design
- Certification in Adobe Campaign for Business Practitioner, Developer Expert or Architect
- Marketing Automation tool experience
- Experience in marketing campaign execution, including segmentation and/or list development.
- Marketing Automation platform such as Adobe Campaign, Siebel Marketing or Salesforce Pardot
- HQL/Python/Spark Skills are preferred
- Direct marketing experience
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected] .
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
67,400/67 400 – 110,100/110 100
Posting End Date: