In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
EY’s multidisciplinary Business Tax Incentives (BTI) team, specializing in tax credits for Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED), is seeking a candidate with a software development or information technology background to deliver advisory services to our clients in Vancouver and across Western Canada. We offer an excellent opportunity for talented people to play a key role in EY’s rapidly growing and dynamic Incentives practice.
Your key responsibilities
As a Business Tax Incentives Manager, you will be leading a team working with a variety of clients at the forefront of technology, from entrepreneurs to public corporations, to evaluate and prepare their SR&ED claims. This involves meeting with CTOs, Chief Architects, and Software Developers to assess the client’s eligibility to receive funding, establishing how much they can claim, and writing technical project descriptions that detail the innovation and development activities for each project. You will discuss new prototypes, innovative software architectures, improved algorithms, and new frameworks. As an experienced IT professional, you have a thorough understanding of web technologies and software architectures. You will be responsible for leading and developing a team of engineers and data scientists to provide value to clients. If you want to be exposed to exciting R&D initiatives in IT, software, and telecommunications, this role is for you.
Your key responsibilities
- Meet with clients and leverage your broad knowledge of current technologies to identify opportunities for claiming SR&ED in fields such as software development, cyber security, wireless networks, data analytics, defense, robotics, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Mentor and manage staff and senior staff personnel.
- Prepare and review detailed project descriptions for client R&D activities.
- Assist and lead reviews with the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Manage client expectations and strict deadlines.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 1 year experience with the SR&ED program.
- An MBA would be considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of web technologies, cloud computing, programming languages, and telecommunication technologies.
- Creative thinker – ability to innovate solutions to client problems on the spot.
- Excellent communication skills (outgoing personality, written, verbal, and listening).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.