The Business Systems Analyst leads the systems analysis and design process for major systems projects across the Corporation to ensure that business needs are thoroughly understood and that the technical solutions are properly aligned and adequately specified. The position provides Project Management for implementation of new systems as well as a key liaison role between business clients and IT technical staff regarding operational issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The successful incumbent will be the IT Project Manager / Business Systems Analyst in working with the Health and Emergency Services Division, HR, and IT in their journey in selecting and implementing a new scheduling system/platform.
- Serve as project manager on major projects and co-ordinate project charters and associated elements including project schedules, tasks, and deliverables.
- Analyze and recommend process re-design to support business requirements and proposed technical solutions
- Lead fact-finding sessions with stakeholder groups to identify current process issues, identify new operational objectives and explore solutions.
- Develop innovative proposals for continuous improvement initiatives or new business ideas
- Conduct market research, and develop benchmarks and performance measures
- Collect, prepare and document business processes/requirements and ensure quality design
- Develop and document systems specifications, including data structures, processes, and integration points for project work.
- Develop proof of concepts and conduct demos of solutions to key stakeholders
- Assess and identify the impact to business processes and policies and recommend solutions to meet business requirements
- Design and execute test plans for new business processes in conjunction with systems development / implementation. Maintain accurate and sufficient testing documentation, while coordinating UAT activities.
- Assess and document current inventory of Systems, interfaces, downstream system/applications, and reports
- Communicate and gain acceptance from key stakeholders on business process changes
- Provide a key liaison role between business clients and IT technical staff to ensure that technical components align with operational requirements. Assist in establishing operational priorities.
- Conduct research on IT solutions including hardware, software, database, web, and network technologies to support innovation, systems improvement, and strategic IT planning.
- Develop business cases along with associated cost / benefit analysis, risks, implications, and options.
- Significant experience gained through direct work experience within an IT Department that includes knowledge of technological trends, business solutions software, IT service delivery, Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC), database and server environments.
- For feature enhancements and/or acquisition activities, participate in the project management process including: initiation phase, assessing business and application requirements, design specification development, change management, system configuration, identifying security requirements, developing test plans, coordinating test execution, implementation and operational handoff
- Prepare end user documentation to support custom applications deployment and understanding / acceptance of new processes.
- Liaise with external agencies and municipal partners to share information and identify opportunities for information systems integration.
- Coordinating project and operational activities with internal and external vendors / consultants
- Prepare reports, cost / benefit analysis, budget proposals and presentations as required.
- Participate in committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure confidentiality and safekeeping of corporate data used in assessing / supporting systems including financial, human resources, payroll, social services and health records.
- Comply with provincial and County occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
THE SUCCESSFUL INCUMBENT WILL HAVE:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough knowledge of systems analysis methodologies including techniques to facilitate stakeholder participation, gather process and data specifications, document results, design solutions, and communicate findings.
- Five (5) years progressive experience in an information technology related field with at least 3 years in a business analyst / project management role.
- Certification in Business Analysis (BA) or Project Management Professional (PMP), or Project Management training with significant IT experience; Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL would be an asset).
- Experience applying Lean Principles, Lean certification preferred.
- Experience with applying Project Management methodologies including Agile Methodologies
- Thorough knowledge of contract negotiations, procurement procedures (purchase orders, RFP, RFI, RFQ processes), and vendor and contract management.
- Significant experience in using project management tools for planning and implementing projects including MS Project, Excel, Word, Teams, project related documentation (including BRD, WBS).
- Experience with Use Case Development, with Testing and Quality Assurance background
- Extensive background in Microsoft applications and database environment is essential; experience with SAP, MS Project, SharePoint 2016/19/Online and similar Enterprise Systems preferred.
- Exceptional business analysis, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service and ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders and senior level management
- Technical background in one of the following areas preferred: (application development, network infrastructure, database administration, server administration)
- Canadian Municipal experience would be an asset
- Sitting for long periods, keyboarding
- Significant mental effort required for conducting analyses of business processes, developing and documenting systems specifications, and conducting researching various technologies.
- Visual and mental effort required when doing system design, strategy development, resolving issues in SAP.
- Regular office environment.
- May be required to work outside of business hours from time to time
In addition to the above technical skills and attributes, the candidate must agree with the following statements and provide documentation for the items below.
It is understood and agreed that in giving effect to the Contract, neither party shall be or be deemed a partner, agent or employee of the other party for any purpose and that their relationship to each other shall be that of independent contractor. Nothing in the Contract shall constitute a partnership or a joint venture between the parties. Neither party shall have the right to enter into Contracts or pledge the credit of or incur expenses or liabilities on behalf of the other party. Nothing in the Contract shall be construed as to create the relationship of employer and employee between the County and the Contractor and its employees. The Contractor shall remain solely responsible for all statutory obligations imposed on an employer with respect to any individual providing services pursuant to the Contract.
The Contractor shall, within ten (10) days of execution of a written Contract with the County of Simcoe, provide the County with a current WSIB Clearance Certificate. It is the Contractor’s responsibility to remain in good standing with WSIB and provide current clearance certificates to the County for the duration of the Contract term.
Professional Liability Insurance
The Contractor is required to provide evidence of Professional Liability insurance coverage with a limit of not less than TWO MILLION DOLLARS ($2,000,000.00) per claim, where services or activities are professional in nature and thereby excluded under the Commercial General Liability policy.
- $65 – $85/hour (per 35-hour work week)
* assignment until to the end of the year (2021), with possible contract extension into 2022 pending Council approval
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
The County of Simcoe is an equal opportunity employer, for more information click here.