Business Systems Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Position ID: J0121-2503
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is offering an exciting opportunity as a Business System Analyst with strong background in Banking Industry. As a senior member of CGI’s national practice providing retail banking solutions and services to credit unions, you will be joining an experienced and dynamic team of global IT professionals serving our clients across Canada and the world.
The financial industry is in the midst of dramatic change and credit unions are challenged with finding faster, more innovative ways of providing solutions and services to their customers who have more alternatives than ever before. Digital transformation and digital services are disrupting traditional financial institutions, instead offering businesses and households access to services that are customized specifically to personalized needs and wants of the end consumer. Omni-channel experience, mobile self-service, predictive analytics, data governance, robotic process automation, FinTech partnerships, and open banking requirements have turned the banking industry on its head. Staying relevant is key while customer retention and growth has never been more challenging. Our clients are turning to CGI to help them remodel their operations and assist in navigating through the massive digital transformational changes required to remain competitive.
• Define and manage project scope
• Requirements gathering – through workshops, interviewing and other techniques
• Documentation of requirements, features and user stories
• Work with the user experience team on information architecture, workflows, UI sketches and
• Capturing of acceptance criteria, specification of test cases and conditions
• Management of user acceptance testing (UAT)
• Preparation and delivery of user training
• Responsible for quality assurance (QA) test execution activities
• Internal question and answer on features and application behaviors
• Extensive client-facing interactions
• Responsible for change request management
• Preparation and execution of release management
• Preparation of daily updates during UAT and QA phases with issue counts, risks and roadblocks
for both the internal and client teams
What You Need:
• Superb verbal and written communication skills and an engaging presentation style
• Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and team orientation
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to explain complex ideas
simply and concisely
• To be results driven and tenacious
• Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Marketing, Business, or Web
Technologies or equivalent
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills
• Capability to juggle multiple clients and projects simultaneously
• Familiarity with standard software development tools and technologies
• Excellent knowledge of systems and functional analysis, quality assurance, and change
management best practices
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• 2+ years of work experience as a Business Analysis
• Diploma, certificate and/or degree
Nice to Have Requirements:
• Knowledge and experience working specifically in the retail banking and/or credit union space
• Knowledge of data governance principles and best practices
• Familiarity with test automation concepts and technologies
• Knowledge of, or training in User Experience best practices
- Business Analysis
- Data Analysis
- SQL/PL SQL
- Test Case / Script Development
- Test Management
- Test Planning & Implementation
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.