We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs.Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth™, CloudForte®,InteliServe™
What success looks like in this role:
This role is subject to Unisys billing rates, productivity, utilization and total chargeability metrics. Only billable/direct client chargeable employees are to be placed in this role. Designs or modifies business processes and the corresponding information technology solutions. Performs analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, researching gaps and providing process and/or development solutions. Acts as liaison between the business users and IT. Makes recommendations to address specific business needs for information technology based solutions. Collaborates with multiple cross-functional areas externally and internally in the implementation of system and business processes. Defines system scope and objectives as well as the content of required documentation. Evaluates new software products to determine their applicability to current and future IT environments. Manages vendor relationships including issue notifications and follow-up until resolution. Evaluates new applications and identifies systems requirements. Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems. Prepares communications and makes presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives. Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Applies theories, concepts, principles, and methodologies to difficult but conventional assignments. Works independently within an established framework. Provides problem resolution that may be non-standard within defined practices and procedures. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Has working knowledge and experience in own discipline. Continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Performs a range of mainly straightforward assignments. Uses prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
• Participate in joint application design sessions to collect new business requirements.
• Identify and develop use cases based on client requirements.
• Verify requirements through analysis, test, demonstration and inspection.
• Analyze business processes/systems, identify inefficiencies and required controls, document procedures, and track KPI’s.
• Collaborate with internal and external users/customers to elicit business concerns and develop workable solutions.
• Participate in planning initiatives, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analysis, and new systems design.
• Work with the QA team to prepare test scenarios and data.
• Document and manage business and functional requirements.
• Review user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Provide thought leadership in one of the functional areas, handle queries and competency building in respective functional area.
• Provide functional solution and clarification on the inter-module dependencies.
• Determine a project’s requirements by extracting them from business or government policies, as well as from current and future users, through interaction and research.
• Anticipate future requirements to ensure successful outcomes.
• Constrain requirements when necessary and focus on core business needs, rather than users’ personal preferences, functions related to trends or outdated processes, or other non-essential modifications.
• Organize requirements into related categories to effectively manage and communicate them.
• Use powerful analysis and modeling tools to match strategic business objectives with practical technical solutions.
• At regular intervals in the project life cycle, safeguard and protect the business and user’s needs by verifying functionality, accuracy and completeness of the requirements against the original documents. Safeguarding minimizes risk by ensuring requirements are being met before investing further in system development.
• Emphasize simplicity and ease of use at all times, especially in implementation.
• Identify and avoid extraneous activities that do not solve the problem or help reach the objective.
• The business analyst is most knowledgeable about use cases; therefore, they continually verify the requirements and reject implementations that do not advance business objectives.
• In application maintenance the focus is on preventing and correcting defects; enhancements, or making changes to increase the value provided by the system.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience, or equivalent work experience