Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Business Systems Analyst who will actively coordinate inter-departmental redesign strategies and translate information and data into meaningful insights, process improvement, and uncover opportunities that drive operational efficiency. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader – we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Business Systems Analyst your key area of responsibility will be to outline business requirements, define use cases, user interfaces, and test scenarios in collaboration with subject matter experts. You will need to work closely with business leaders and other stakeholders in defining key problems and proposing appropriate process and technology solutions in a structured manner.
To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts. In addition, the successful candidate will have to collaborate with cross-functional teams and business leaders to ensure successful project execution
How you’ll make an impact:
- Guide business leaders and other stakeholders in defining key problems and proposing appropriate process and technology solutions in a structured manner.
- Outline business requirements, define use cases, user interfaces, and test scenarios in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Understand complex business requirements and translate them to technology service teams for implementation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and business leaders to ensure successful project execution.
- Conduct current state systems analysis and produce artifacts.
- Participate in design sessions to develop future state process flows and data flows, and generate appropriate artifacts.
- Assist in institutionalizing new processes and policies.
- Develop recommendations and provide insights based on analytical findings.
- Assist in completing regular system audits and prepare for new system releases.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 1-3 years experience as Business Systems Analyst.
- Experience acting in design or advisory roles related to implementation of platform applications.
- Experience participating in an advisory role in projects involving significant scale and business change across multiple departments.
- Strong understanding of business process reengineering and change management principles.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization with knowledge of the high-technology industry considered an asset.
- Experience supporting interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong testing skills with ability to identify, guide, and execute appropriate depth of testing, including negative tests and integrated test scenarios.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- Strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including but not limited to Lucidchart, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at [email protected]