Business Systems Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Position ID: J0321-1083
Employment Type: Full Time
This position is for the Business Systems Analyst to work as a member of a large program team and work directly with the Client.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop detailed functional and technical requirements for the implementation of business process changes or improvements, data analysis and the creation of reports
• Manage the Requirements Tools used to capture and maintain the Business Requirements
• Accountable to ensure that the requirements are aligned with the client’s business objectives and stated expectations including managing requirements priority and maintaining a feature backlog
• Communicate with stakeholders of varying technical ability and subject matter expertise.
• Conduct Business Process Discovery and Mapping. Produce process models and workflows, diagrams and provide input into data models
• Prepare Business – and System Use case documentation & lead/participate in high-level design, lead requirements and Use Case walkthroughs
• Prepare data flow diagrams or equivalent process flow diagrams
• Define and document data definitions including data attributes, validation rules, data relationships
• Ensure business requirements are traceable through specifications, solution design and test cases
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience Undergraduate
• PMI-Business Analyst Certification (PMI-PBA) an asset
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst in the Financial Services industry
• Experience with credit card systems. Experience with cards dispute technology is an asset.
• 5+ years of experience in Information Technology in all phases of the systems development lifecycle in a Waterfall and Agile methodologies
• Demonstrated ability to deliver a business process that meets the expected outcomes within a major transformation initiative
• Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret and anticipate internal and external customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Demonstrated ability to support multiple projects concurrently, balancing deliverables and ability to prioritize deliverables across projects.
• Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Systems Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.