Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll be joining Application Development team within CIBC’s Financial Crimes Technology group . You’ll be at the heart of CIBC’s digital transformation, successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale mobile projects involving multiple back-end systems. As a technical business analyst you will be analyzing data and providing end-to-end data analytic solutions. These solutions will range from designing a comprehensive data model to providing an insightful production dashboards to drive evidence-based decision making at all levels for the AML team. You will be exploring large datasets with limited metadata, and are expected to operate independently in forming and creating a comprehensive data/table structures that will be the backbone of all regular/ad-hoc analysis and reporting for the team.
You will also support the execution of the strategic data roadmap for the team and provide the capability to create quantifiable value by the use of data, analytics and insights. This includes developing data mapping and workflows for the team. You will have technical responsibility for understanding and managing the usage of key data sources as well as the development and maintenance of existing, client related data in AML space to facilitate ongoing and ad-hoc work.
How You’ll Succeed
- Design and Development – Perform and coordinate complex application programming activities. Design the application’s technical infrastructure using specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches.Lead the design and development of cost-effective and innovative solutions.
- Strategic Planning – Develop multi-year technology roadmaps that align with the bank’s vision, strategy, and business objectives. Lead multiple complex projects involving backend systems, new technology, and the enhancement of existing applications.
- Leadership Skills – Act as the mobile development team lead and run code-review sessions with the wider team to ensure the project is on track to meet objectives. Support and mentor intermediate and senior developers by sharing knowledge, collaborating and problem solving.
Who You Are?
- Technical Skills. You demonstrate strong understanding on the data warehouse design with and experience in managing and writing complex database queries that supports data analytics. You are proficient with SQL and data mining. Experience in big data/Hadoop, Tableau is an asset. You have the ability to perform complex data integration and transformation.
- You are a problem solver.You have exceptional critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills with demonstrated ability to independently identify and analyze business and technical problems and recommend solutions.
- Analytical. You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You’re confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- Detail Oriented. You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- Goal Oriented.You are driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- Client-Focused. You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers?
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-33 Yonge Street, 3rd