Global Partner Management (GPM) is the wholesale division of TELUS. We work with Canadian, American and international organizations to enhance their product offering and to engineer a broad range of possibilities for them and their end customers. We bring a world of possibilities to our customers and the best of TELUS to the connected world.
As a member of the Sales Solutions Team within GPM, you will be responsible for supporting our sales team and various large scale wholesale service providers through the purchasing process at TELUS. You will initiate and engage directly with the wholesale customers on commercial sales engagements.
Success is achieved by working closely with account executives, vendor managers and product managers to support business performance. You will possess strong communication skills (verbal and written). Your understanding of SFDC, billing systems, reporting databases (i.e. Tableau) and customer agreements will enable meaningful business decision-making that improves strategy development, revenue/cost management, customer experience and operational efficiency.
The successful candidate will take initiative to constantly and consistently apply communication and relationship skills to explain business performance in meeting the team’s financial objectives.
- Lead customer on-boarding; in coordination with extended GPM team conduct training for new accounts and refresher training for existing accounts
- Error investigation, root cause analysis and correction
- Support the completion of custom invoicing activities and non-standard ordering processes
- Assist in the implementation of negotiated contracted rate changes
- Interpret client signed contracts to understand deliverables from the client and address billing disputes
- Accountable to support the TELUS Partner Solutions team for the growth and acquisition of revenues and loading within assigned account base
- Act as an advocate within TELUS to support the customer when dealing with service issues
- Maintain current knowledge of TELUS offerings, competitive offerings, and emerging technologies
- Prepare costing quote estimates for various products/services (PRI, BRI, IBL, LD)
- Contract renewal report generation, evaluation and analysis in close coordination with sales primes and product marketing; action as required
- Good understanding of TELUS solutions set
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry including market and regulatory dynamics- in particular the wholesale marketplace
- Knowledge of business analysis methodologies
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to plan, coordinate and bring to closure a significant number of initiatives simultaneously
- Passion for excellence, strong work ethic and solutions-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, ever-changing environment – comfortable with managing ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build direct relationships with wholesale customers to enhance likelihood to recommend and repurchase with TELUS
- Action-orientated mindset with a strong sense of urgency and ability to respond proactively to customer needs both internal and external
- Sound working knowledge of business and contract management procedures and governance
- Ability to interact with all levels of TELUS Team members to enable you to obtain support for, and contributions to pre-sales and post sales customer issue resolution
- Display a high degree of integrity in handling confidential information
- Proficiency with PC applications (Microsoft office applications in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bilingual English and French, an asset
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry
- Experience and exposure to sales processes; identifying and understanding customer needs relative to products and services
- Proven success in coordinating delivery of telecommunications solutions
- Strong Excel background
- Experience working in fast paced continually changing environment
- Experience working in a customer facing role
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.