Are you looking to do your life’s work and excel at something you’re passionate about? At Assent Compliance we understand that opportunities are all around us, every day, in some of the most unique scenarios. Finding the one that excites and interests you is something we take very seriously. Enabling our staff to be inspired by one another and building a team of like-minded individuals who remain smart, curious, and passionate is in our mission and Assent DNA. We believe in working hard, staying humble, and letting our success do all the talking. Welcome to an opportunity that will give you the pathway to do your life’s work in a meaningful way, with supported growth and the encouragement to inspire, and be inspired, by those around you on a daily basis.
The Business Process Analyst will be a key agent for change, working closely with the Professional Services team to develop and put in place workflow changes necessary to meet organizational objectives, increasing efficiency, scalability, and value. They will first and foremost be focused on working with counterparts in the Professional Services team re-thinking and improving existing workflows based on new developments being rolled out in the Assent Compliance Platform. They will also have the exciting opportunity, working across the organization, to plan, develop and launch the next set of needed workflow improvements increasing business efficiency and customer delight.
This role is open to candidates within Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, and Waterloo. Other locations may also be considered.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with the Professional Services team to understand current operations and processes which will include clarity on the top priorities for workflow improvements;
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to understand upcoming product improvements impacting workflows;
- Act as the product organization lead in cross-functional groups, including the Professional Services team, operations groups, and product marketing, launching new workflows that will optimize the use of the Assent Compliance Platform as it evolves in functionality and capability;
- Work with the product management and engineering teams, interpreting business requirements, to continue to enhance the Assent Compliance Platform based on professional services organization processes;
- Lead workflow redesign workshops that involve eliciting process and operations requirements, liaising with users, as well as design and alignment on execution within the groups;
- Educate business users responsible for managing and operating business processes;
- Monitor, measure, and provide feedback on Product performance in supporting new workflows.
Does this sound like you:
- Excellent communication skills – you communicate clearly, concisely, and with tact, and can tailor your message for a wide range of audiences;
- A University, College and/or PostGraduate Certificate in Product Management, Business Analysis, Business Process Analysis, Operations, Computer Science, Information Technology;
- At least 5 years of relevant and progressive experience in Business Analysis, Process Analysis, Operations, or Product Management for a SaaS company;
- Deep understanding of SaaS;
- An avid consumer of current and emerging technologies; ERP, BPM, CRM, and BI tools knowledge is important;
- An understanding of protocols like SOAP, WSDL, XML, and other key protocols is desirable;
- Knowledge of business process modeling notations (BPMN, EPC, BPEL) is important;
- Understanding of databases, software development processes and lifecycle, and quality assurance principles;
- Strong analytical capabilities and a passion for solving complex and interesting puzzles;
- Strong collaboration skills – you seek to understand, ask the right questions, communicate proactively and effectively on the goals and outcomes, and involve the right people at the right time;
- Excellent leading, influencing, and negotiation skills – strong ability to build consensus and get buy-in on change, and orient teams to the actions required for success;
- Strong diagramming and presentation skills, ability to tailor the message to the audience, and deliver the intended message effectively;
- A high degree of professionalism, maturity, and emotional intelligence;
- Excellent time management skills and highly organized with the ability to multitask, execute on short-term projects and manage ongoing long-term strategies;
- Strategic and business-minded, with a passion for helping our teams and ultimately making customers more successful;
- A propensity to stay calm and reasonable under pressure, with sound judgment and decision-making abilities;
- You have grit – you are conscientious, resilient is dedicated to achieving excellence and driving results;
- You are highly adaptable, flexible and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment;
- You are open to feedback, coachable, and always striving to self-improve.
How does this benefit you?
At Assent, our goal is to provide more value to our employees than we capture ourselves. As the leading global compliance software provider, we continue to offer an ambitious, fast-paced, and welcoming work environment allowing our staff to thrive in all areas of their personal and career development.
In addition to a competitive salary, a benefits plan that starts the same day you do, and an optional on-site work location (in Ottawa), you can expect to:
- Love what you do as part of a supportive team with a supportive and welcoming work culture
- Advance your career in a position with high growth potential
- Choose how you work best in a flexible work environment
- Help create positive change by being part of a sustainable work environment with lots of opportunities to help the community through our charitable work
At Assent, your contribution and presence has purpose. Our team continues to challenge each other every day so we can grow and learn together ; we dig deep to build a culture of innovation, support, and high performance for our people and our clients.
Apply for This Job