Business Intelligence Developers
At Richardson, the work we do is essential. Every day, we work together to ensure a steady food supply for people around the world. They count on us to perform our roles consistently and responsibly. For this important reason, we are committed to remaining operational throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. As always, we maintain a strong focus on safety and quality assurance.
For more information about how we are taking additional precautions to protect the health and well-being of our candidates, colleagues, and customers, visit our Career Opportunities page.
At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. For over 160 years, Richardson has been dedicated to Canadian agriculture. Recognized as a global leader in agriculture and food processing, Richardson is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Richardson has approximately 3,000 employees across Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. At Richardson, we are committed to enhancing our facilities and services and investing in our people and our communities.
Working with Richardson opens the door to a world of possibility. We currently have opportunities for Business Intelligence Developers within the BI team in our Information Technology department. This role is responsible for building and developing reporting tools using our various data-centric and business intelligence platforms, for internal users across our grain handling, crop inputs, and food processing business divisions. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are self-starters, results-oriented, and able to work independently and as part of the team. An ideal candidate will be enthusiastic to join a new and growing BI team, eager to establish new methods and technologies while supporting and enhancing established tools.
- Guide and support implementation of new tools and technologies to support the business intelligence team
- Meet with various business units to identify requirements for new and existing reporting solutions that will support decision-making
- Design and develop solutions using various reporting platforms and business intelligence tools
- Coordinate user testing to verify solutions deliver desired insights
- Provide support to user groups by effectively troubleshooting and resolving reporting issues
- Design and develop modifications to our existing data warehouses and ETL processes
- Write documentation on reporting solutions and ETL mappings, and development processes
- Create ad-hoc report queries for users when requested
- A degree or diploma in a computer science or related program
- 2-3 years of work experience in a reporting or business intelligence role
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills; highly adaptable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and a strong understanding of SQL and data modeling
- Experience with any of the following would be an asset:
- Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, Looker, etc.)
- Experience with the following programing languages: Python, R
- Experience with data analysis and machine learning tools and frameworks (Jupyter, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow)
- Experience with cloud data warehouse technologies (Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, IBM Db2, etc.)
Richardson International provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary, pension, a flexible benefits plan and training and career development opportunities.
Interested candidates should click the Apply icon to apply online by April 5, 2021.
Richardson International values diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.