Help us effectively manage our Human Resources (HR) data, so we can efficiently take care of our staff.
The PHSA IMITS Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) team provides VCH, PHC and PHSA Human Resources departments with various IT related solutions. Our Business Intelligence group supplies critical information to HR staff and leadership in order to be able to drive HR business decisions on all levels. If you are passionate about Business Intelligence, interested in issues of data quality, metric definitions and systems performance improvements, if you know Ins and Outs of ETL solutions, we are looking for someone like you.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to support Data warehouse extract, transform and load process (ETL).
- Build and Maintain reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Develop and maintain SQL Server tables, views, stored procedures and functions.
- Administer the SQL Server databases (data marts) including security, user permissions, performance and usage monitoring.
- Create and maintain report subscriptions for HR staff and operational leaders across participating organizations.
- Design, develop and maintain OLAP cubes, dashboards and other BI content as required.
- Provide first line support to users for all published BI content.
What you bring:
- Education, training, and experience equivalent to degree or diploma in Information Systems or Computer Science from a recognized school, plus a minimum of three (3) years recent related work experience, preferably in healthcare
- Experience in writing SQL database queries
- Experience with SSRS and SSIS, or comparable alternative tools
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to turn complex business requirements into analysis ready data-sets, data-marts, cubes or data-models
- The ability to communicate with HR staff at all levels to ensure their requirements are met
- Knowledge of privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a group
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
Other skills that would be an asset:
- Knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio (2016)
- Experience in report development (preferred SQL server Reporting Services)
- Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services
- Knowledge of MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
- MS Visual Studio 2008/2015/2016
- MS Team Foundation Services
What’s in it for you:
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type: Regular Full-TimeLocation: 2025 Willingdon Ave. Burnaby, BCClosing date: Open until position is filledReference number: 103401E
What we do:
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services .
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.