At thinking Capital, we’re changing the landscape of financial technology!
Simply put, our mission is to empower Canadian small businesses through innovative financial services. At the heart of our offering is our digital experience, which is powered by our proprietary software platform, our real time connections to a multitude of data sources and our advanced data science models. We are squarely in the corner of owners and entrepreneurs, providing for them, and at the right moment, the financial support they need to grow and thrive.
Thinking Capital is looking for a talented and motivated Business Intelligence Analyst to join our ranks. Thinking Capital uses data to support our business operations from improving our customer experience based on how customers progress through the sales funnel, to improving credit limits and managing loan performance. Thinking Capital also provides our SMB customers with tools to review their cash flow and predict cash flow changes. Do you love bridging the gap between data and people? If so, this collaborative role is for you.
Business Intelligence is responsible for both delivering business insights to the Thinking Capital business and working with engineering to maintain the data dictionary, ensure accuracy of data, and enable availability of the underlying data infrastructure within Looker. Our analysts partner with various business units to address strategic and operational questions facing the business including customer behaviour, performance measurement as well as product and marketing efficiency.
In short, this role helps us turn data into knowledge.
What you’ll do
- Assist in the preparation of key strategic quantitative analyses of the Thinking Capital business to facilitate fact-based decision making with a focus on return on investment.
- Apply your exceptional analytical and data manipulation skills to test hypotheses and deliver key business insights utilizing both Thinking Capital and external data sources. Analyses will be both ongoing and project-based in nature. They will often be complex, whereby large volumes of data are transformed into actionable recommendations and into the development of complex models.
- Develop and maintain necessary dashboards, both automated and manual, across multiple data sets to provide insight and drive business decisions.
- Define KPIs for each business area through consultation with departments and expert knowledge of the business.
What you bring:
- Experience in data manipulation and analysis as well as business intelligence, with significant experience in designing and developing a reports, dashboards and insights;
- Experience in reports, dashboards and OLAP cube development;
- Skilled at analyzing data and identifying potential business-related insights;
- Experience with BI platforms (Tableau, Looker, …);
- Good knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL);
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office;
- Strong verbal and communication skills, comfortable engaging business users;
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong ability to work autonomously; and comfortable working within a team environment.
- Comfortable working in an extremely fast paced environment
Why you should join us:
Surround yourself with a high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission.
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital.
Take on complex projects in an innovative, start-up-like environment.
Benefit from an amazing working environment offering you the flexibility to do your best work
Diversity of thought:
Join a team that values diversity and collaboration.
Thinking Capital is a leader in the Canadian FinTech industry and Canada’s largest non-bank lender to small businesses. Since its inception in 2006, the company has enabled over 16,000 businesses to quickly, conveniently and securely access capital to grow.
The company has offices in Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa. Thinking Capital is a subsidiary of Purpose Financial, a diversified financial services platform focused on addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose is backed by OMERS and TorQuest Partners.