Location: Montreal, Full-Time, Mid-Level Experience
Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution. Our core business lies in acquiring some of the most trendy entertainment news websites and investing our resources into growing them into leading global brands across several entertainment verticals. With over 22 websites and YouTube channels, Valnet’s notable acquisitions include, Screen Rant, CBR, Game Rant, MakeUseOf and more.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube channels, and Social Media platforms.
Valnet is looking for a talented, versatile and passionate person to join its corporate development team.
The candidate will be handling a broad range of responsibilities including increasing M&A deal flow, canvassing of the entire population of potential targets, initiating contact with potential targets, financial modeling and building relationships with potential sellers.
The ideal candidate must be motivated by business development, possess excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for building relationships.
What you will be doing:
- Identify and research potential targets.
- Build a database of potential acquisitions that fit Valnet’s acquisition criteria and maintain the acquisition pipeline full at all times.
- Directly involved in building the M&A pipeline.
- Assist in due diligence period.
- Manage full-cycle integration of acquired assets.
- Work alongside an internal team with business reporting and research.
- Run full operational and financial analysis on potential targets.
- Analyze and present the best available deals according to the mandate.
- Establish long-term relationships with targets through ongoing communication and face to face meetings.
- Attend trade shows to source M&A leads (a possibility).
- Assist in making Valnet known as a potential acquirer in the publishing and SAAS industries.
What you need to succeed:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related field, minimum.
- More than 2 years’ experience working in a digital media environment, an asset.
- M&A legal experience, an asset.
- Understanding of M&A deal flow and integration processes.
- Proven experience in business development.
- Highly organized with project management abilities.
- Strong hold on financial management.
- Highly analytical with excellent negotiation abilities.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Judgement to manage balancing business needs with legal risk.
- Ability to confidently engage and communicate with all levels in the organisation and build strong internal and external relationships.
- Ability to provide proactive, solution-oriented advice.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent files and priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment autonomously as well as in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great written and oral communication skills in English.
Why choose us:
At Valnet, we believe success happens when creativity sparks your passions. When we’re not hitting content goals and changing the landscape of online content distribution, we enjoy the many perks of a sweet life at Valnet: a fully-stocked kitchen, catered breakfasts and lunches, quarterly 5 à 7, sports activities and more company-wide events!
Our team is ambitious and dissolves the boundaries between work, fun, and achieving milestones! As such, Valnet offers unrivaled opportunity for performance-oriented and excitable career-seekers. Our culture is based on the belief that hard work and innovation deserve an inspiring workplace with great perks such as 50% off your gym membership and many opportunities for generous performance-based incentive structures!