ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Southwest Ontario team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Business Development Representative is located in Hamilton and typically reports directly to the Sales Manager. As a member of the Service Sales team you will work with potential clients to evaluate maintenance solutions that achieve their business objectives and assist in the development of long term client relationships with Black & McDonald. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The ability to understand client requirements and sell solutions which provide short and long term solutions for them.
- The ability to sell these solutions in a competitive environment.
- The skill to qualify opportunities, negotiate client needs and gain commitment
- Estimating and designing effective proposals in competitive situations.
- Developing presentations and accepting agreements on behalf of Black & McDonald
- Participate, and attend trade shows, conferences, seminars and other industry related events
- Completing concise reporting of sales backlog, sales plan activity and monthly results
- Possessing a desire for continued personal and professional development
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Degree or Diploma in
- Construction Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years of Business Development/Account Representative experience
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of:
- Contract management
- Established [division] practices, procedures and techniques
- Business operations processes
- Organization and time management
Intermediate user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- Willing and able to travel within Southwest Ontario
- License requirements valid G license