What makes SYNNEX extraordinary? We believe that success is achieved by bringing together unique points of view. Our team is comprised of innovative perspectives from a diverse group of bright minds who are inspired with a vision to imagine and the energy to make it happen. Whether you’re just starting out in your career or a seasoned executive, we have a wide range of opportunities for those who have a passion for technology and a desire to bring their full self to work every day where you can grow and make a difference.
Take the next step towards a rewarding career and be a part of a team that embraces inclusivity and teamwork. You’re ready to be SYNNEXtraordinary!
Our recruiting experience is digital!
Technology is at the core of our business – we don’t just sell technology, we use it. The power of digital interviewing allows you the flexibility of using your computer or mobile device to record your interview on your own schedule in the comfort of your home. Our recruiting process allows you to tell your story in a stress-free way that is interactive and fun, so if you receive a link to Share your Story with us, we hope you have an awesome digital experience.
Business Development Representative
You will be responsible for increasing revenue and profitability of assigned vendor. Additionally, you will up-sell and cross-sell products to resellers, fellow employees and other vendors to achieve and track to quarterly goals as assigned. You are the main contact at SYNNEX Canada for the vendor’s opportunities within SYNNEX.
Get Inspired by the Work You’ll Do
- Responsible for driving and increasing overall revenue within a set scope of business
- Understand vendor’s products, as well as SYNNEX Company vision & mission – strive to exceed expectations with every partner, every day and to maximize shareowner value
- Serve as the point of contact for all national based sales activities which includes:
- Communication of SYNNEX capabilities to Sales and Resellers including services
- Identify and recommend opportunities, trends and deals and inform the Sales teams and Resellers
- Develop strategic market/product line business plans in conjunction with Commercial PM’s and or Marketing Team
- Provide notification to SYNNEX Sales and Resellers on new product updates, line card additions and messaging (create professional documents and follow up calls as needed)
- Assist in creating and closing business, work with SYNNEX’s Sales Teams
- Manage incoming inquiries from Retailers and Resellers and SYNNEX Sales
- Weekly team meetings to discuss issues, new products/programs, opportunities, updates
- Actively participate in creation and execution of marketing initiatives
Manage vendor reporting
- Assist in coordinating and participating in SYNNEX’s Sales & Reseller training and activities:
- Attend training’s on “SOLV”, Services and vendor product lines
- Have knowledge of market trends for Services and Commercial product, trade publications and industry news
- Attend SYNNEX and / or Industry events/conferences as appropriate
- Provide notification to SYNNEX Sales and Resellers on vendor products (SOLV’s, services and Product)
- Initiating partnership (engagement) efforts between vendor and SYNNEX’s Sales (field & inside sales)
- Build Reseller relationships
- Know and understand top Retailers and Resellers and opportunities. Understand top Resellers buying patterns.
- Follow up on sales & customer requests/issues until resolved in a timely manner
- Follow up on quotes, bids, and orders
- Utilize data reports to uncover competitive markets, incremental opportunities or lost business
Your passion is sparked by:
- Minimum high school diploma (Post- secondary education an asset)
- Hunter with Commercial expertise
- Minimum 5 years’ sales / business development experience
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail & responsiveness
- Strong technical knowledge
- Superior customer relation skills
- PC Literate (MS Office) Strong PowerPoint and excel skills
- Ability to communicate effectively up to VP level internally and externally
- Ability to multitask (juggle duties effectively)
- Extended hours required occasionally
- Frequent travel required; valid G2 Driver’s License in good standing is mandatory
- Core Competencies for this role include analytical skills, communication skills, detail oriented, networking skills and organization and planning
We have Great Perks • 3-weeks’ vacation • Every day is Casual Day • Comprehensive Group Health Insurance plan • Profit Sharing Opportunity • Employee Referral Award program • Employee Purchase Plan/ Company Discounts • Out of Country travel assistance • Health/ Wellness initiatives • Paid Sick Days • Employee Assistance Program • Education Reimbursement • Milestone Service Awards • Community Involvement activities in partnership with Kids Help Phone • Employee of the Quarter awards • Group RRSP with Company Matching • Training Opportunities • Huang Leadership Development Scholarship • Bi-annual President’s Club • Annual Founders Award
Be Inspired In Your Career.
@ SYNNEX Corporation, we believe employees are our greatest asset and we empower them to make a difference in our business. Diversity and inclusion makes us all better. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, and all other protected statuses.
@ SYNNEX Canada Limited, we are committed to supporting accommodation and inclusivity for persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and employment lifecycle. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know; we will work with you to meet your needs.
Note: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.